Storing Wax

I have been in this biz a while now but things are changing here in my house and I need some input.

A lot of you know I do HUGE Fundraisers every yr. I get 40-50 cases of wax at a time. (I use J50) Usually I store the wax and Jars in my bedroom (It is a HUGE room). I have become a workout freak and now have all my workout equipment in my bedroom. ....now to my question....will it hurt to store the wax out on my porch? Once the wax is delivered it is used up within 2 weeks. You also have to remember I live in NY and my Fundraiser is the first of November which usually equals COLD weather.

What do ya think??

I have been in this biz a while now but things are changing here in my house and I need some input.

A lot of you know I do HUGE Fundraisers every yr. I get 40-50 cases of wax at a time. (I use J50) Usually I store the wax and Jars in my bedroom (It is a HUGE room). I have become a workout freak and now have all my workout equipment in my bedroom. ....now to my question....will it hurt to store the wax out on my porch? Once the wax is delivered it is used up within 2 weeks. You also have to remember I live in NY and my Fundraiser is the first of November which usually equals COLD weather.

What do ya think??

Can you cover it w/a tarp or something so that moisture hopefully won't get in the boxes? That's the only downside I see, but then again I've never done it - surely someone who has done it will chime in for you :) Also, hth do you use up that much wax in two weeks? You must be pouring 24/7!

Can you cover it w/a tarp or something so that moisture hopefully won't get in the boxes? That's the only downside I see, but then again I've never done it - surely someone who has done it will chime in for you :) Also, hth do you use up that much wax in two weeks? You must be pouring 24/7!

It is a covered porch. And Yes, I was thinking of putting a tarp over the wax.

I use every case of it in 2 weeks. I am not the only one pouring though. mystical_angel, ginkay, tlc26 always come and help.And a good friend of mine stops by usually after he gets out of work and helps us wick jars and carries heavy stuff...lol We poured over 4500 candles last yr and was done a few days early!

And, yes, I do have a besement but I live in a 1860 Victorian house...so the basement is really a cellar as it has dirt floors and I DO NOT go down there! I look downstairs and I see the walls bleed as all I see is Amityville horror!...LOL

It is a covered porch. And Yes, I was thinking of putting a tarp over the wax.

I use every case of it in 2 weeks. I am not the only one pouring though. mystical_angel, ginkay, tlc26 always come and help.And a good friend of mine stops by usually after he gets out of work and helps us wick jars and carries heavy stuff...lol We poured over 4500 candles last yr and was done a few days early!

And, yes, I do have a besement but I live in a 1860 Victorian house...so the basement is really a cellar as it has dirt floors and I DO NOT go down there! I look downstairs and I see the walls bleed as all I see is Amityville horror!...LOL

AHA - I figured if you were doing it all by yourself you were some sort of wonder woman or something lol - nice to have help!

I've been in her basement, and she's right, it IS a little scary, but so damn interesting!! (I love old houses.)

Kimberly, I kept several boxes of wax on my covered porch last Dec. and they were fine. I put a tarp under, and over them.

I've been in her basement, and she's right, it IS a little scary, but so damn interesting!! (I love old houses.)

Kimberly, I kept several boxes of wax on my covered porch last Dec. and they were fine. I put a tarp under, and over them.

Thanks Lady! I will be able to keep my room as my room this fundraiser!!! Well, partially, I still have to store Jars there. But I was thinking of stacking them in the front entrance to the upstairs Apartments....what do ya think?