Manoi de Tahiti

elitenaildesign

• 3 months later...

I use it both ways. In the summer I pre-condition with it and wash it out (unless I'm going swimming, then I leave it in). In the winter I rub a drop between my palms and smooth it on. Always start at the ends and work your way back up, and make sure to actually massage it in so you get all your hair - it spreads really well. I need to focus on the underside cause that's where I abuse it most with the blow dryer.

Edited to fix typos of which there were plenty: wine and typing don't mix.

I use it both ways. In the summer I pre-condition with it and wash it out (unless I'm going swimming, then I leave it in). In the winter I rub a drop between my palms and smooth it on. Always start at the ends and work your way back up, and make sure to actually massage it in so you get all your hair - it spreads really well. I need to focus on the underside cause that's where I abuse it most with the blow dryer.

Edited to fix typos of which there were plenty: wine and typing don't mix.

CareBear, what length is your hair? I have a bottle of Monoi and some dry, unruly shoulder length hair! I'm just wondering if a drop will work on mine or if I will need to up that a bit. Thanks! :smiley2:

I should check this to be sure but I think it was mail hawaii or something like that. They are more pricey but they have (guessing again) 3-4 different Monoi Oils. And they are beautifully scented and has that little dried up flower in the bottle. I will find the link. I purchased four bottles one of each scent. I think they are 4 oz bottles. I really need to run upstairs and check my labels.:rolleyes2

I hope some of that was helpful.

CareBear, what length is your hair? I have a bottle of Monoi and some dry, unruly shoulder length hair! I'm just wondering if a drop will work on mine or if I will need to up that a bit. Thanks! :smiley2:

Mine comes just below my shoulders, and I really do only use a drop (may be 2 drops, no more) if I'm not going to wash it out. I rub my hands together, rub my hands in my hair working up from the bottom and then brush or comb my hair carefully. You don't need much!

Ok, here is the link. http://mailorderhawaii.com/low-price/maps-monoi-cards/Original-Monoi-Oils.html

When I first ordered there were only 4 fragrances but I see they have expanded their line. I must now try more of them...lol..I still have the monoi from the co-op and used it once. I couldn't really smell the monoi. Maybe it's just my nose. They ship fast too.

After reading a little further about the new ones, I see I can just stick with the first 4-5 I originally ordered, they really are heavenly.

HTH

BTW

these are the ones I ordered. Tiare, Tipani, Pitate & sandalwood.

Oh, I thought you were ordering in large quantities.

The ones you're getting are cheaper from Tahiti-Iti:

http://www.tahiti-iti.com/monoi_oils.htm

No, they were sample bottles for me as I had never tried monoi and I had not decided what I would use them for. I eventually made monoi body cream and man was it heavenly. The smaller sizes were perfect for formulating smaller test batches. Thanks for that link, I've got to check it out for when I need to produce my stuff in larger batches.

I ordered two of the 16 oz bottles in a co-op but again the fragrance was so faint, I will probably use it for soap.:)

Can someone well versed in the Co-Ops PM me about them? Mainly because after seeing this thread I want some of this oil and would be more than happy to host the co-op but I don't see where there would be any of a savings (is that what co-ops are for?). I found one place that if you buy in bulk you save $3 per pound however, if there are hostess fees and shipping then it pretty much puts the pounds of oil back into the range of what you could get it yourself from the suppliers.

So, if someone could help me understand co-ops a bit then maybe I am looking at it wrong and could do this :)

Thanks!!

Angi

The only way I can see it being a savings to anyone is if I call the suppliers directly to see if they would offer a deeper discount on an even bigger bulk than what their sites offer. Not even sure any supplier would do that but who knows. As it stands, there is no way a co-op on Monoi would be any type of savings for anyone that joined it.

Angi

I haven't used Manoi on my hair since last winter, so after noticing that my hair was starting to look like straw again I recently started slathering it on my hair at bedtime and guess what-my dog (this is her first winter) goes crazy sniffing, she even starts drooling-funny but kinda gross too.

For those of you that use this for products to sell, do you consider this a "luxury" item that your prices can be higher on to justify the oil cost and how does that affect your sales? I think I am going to order some of this after reading all the comments on it :)

Angi