I need step-by-step instructions how to make a candle

Hi, my name is geekrunner (but you can call me geek :D ). I used to make candles, but I filled my head with so much mountain bike riding this summer I forgot how to make candles! I stumbled upon an area in my basement filled with candlemaking equipment, and it was covered with spider webs and dust!

I just don't know where to start! What I need is detailed, step by step instructions on how to make the PERFECT candle! Check this out--I took an order for 100 candles in ten different scents, five different jars, and I have to deliver them by the end of next week! They MUST be perfect, too.

I heard you guys here are the best candlemakers in the world, so I trust you can meet my demands. Did I mention that the candle have to be perfect?

Please reply to my request before midnight tonight. :cool2:

geek :wink2:

"I used to make candles, but I filled my head with so much mountain bike riding this summer I forgot how to make candles!"

I can understand what you are saying and I can certainly see how that can happen as Im an addicted mountain bike rider myself...lol...and the scarey part is that it is year round here in FL but still have to make time to get those candles done! Good luck with the order! And yes what FL lakes in mountains we make up for in technical trails...!

I figured he hit his head pretty hard somewhere along the line:tongue2: ....forgot how to make candles ha!!:D

Welcome back geek!! Hope ya had a nice summer.....now get busy cleaning off the cobwebs!!

I finally got to order my FIRST box of the 464....going to pick it up Monday!! I will be doing lots of testing next week.

tootie

I almost forgot to answer your question....

Step 1. go buy some wax (any ol wax will do)

step 2. buy your wicks (any ol wick will do)

step 3. buy jars

step 4. buy some FO

step 5. melt wax, mix in the FO, put wick in the jar and pour wax in.

step 6. run out to the first craft show or farmers market you and find and sell em!!

step 7. run to the bank and sock all that money you just made away!!:D

Good luck!!

tootie

Thanks all! I'll be a busy boy cleaning up my lab. I did crash hard a few times, but I didn't land on my head. Most of the time putting my shoulder into trees. My big accomplishment was riding my first road century, 106 miles total from Franklin, IN to Bloomington, IN and back. Then two mountain bike time trials at our local urban trail park.

Now off to clean things up and melt wax! :rockon: geek