I could ä%tz$^w!!° this customer !

ubure

Guest Candelishis

I totally see Soaper's point, as well, and I don't think she's out of line at all. Had she come on here and said "oh that Laura is such a pain in my a$$ - she thinks she can get me to make anything and everything for her, like she's my only customer"...that would be out of line. But, I, too, tried to please everybody when I started out, and started to lose my behind on it, because I'd order an ounce of FO just to make one 5-dollar candle for someone because I had this policy of "if I don't carry a scent you want, let me know and I'll get it"..well that stopped after the first year, let me tell ya...Jeez. And people wanted to know why, but I never said "Oh it's because so and so keeps costing me money because she orders 2 votives in a scent i don't have in stock and nobody else likes that scent". I just said "Because I want to concentrate on the quality of certain products, and not being so-so on everything. Quality - not quantity". And my first customers are still customers to this day. I only do that for 2-3 friends and certain family members now, and have a minimum 10-dollar charge for special orders (I even charge my momma ten bucks for special stuff...lol).

Don't worry about people making snide remarks, just ignore them. And if you don't like what someone says in a thread, and it has nothing to do with you, don't read the thread. I'm sure you have much more important things to do.

As a person that is currently running 2 businesses... one being candle making and the other as an owner of a very successful 18 year old salon, I can see both sides of this coin.

In both businesses, I deal with retail, customer service and suppliers.

I personally believe that as long as no specifics were given, expressing feelings over a particularly difficult situation is well within anyone's right to do so. Reading about others difficult clients and how they were dealt with may give me ideas on how to deal with or not deal with difficult people and situations.

Lastly and to be quite frank.... as a consumer, it sometimes does well to remind us that we can be unreasonable in our requests. It wasn't until I was on the recieving end of unreasonable clients that I realized how my requests of people might be effecting them.

I don't see an issue with the orginal post and sometimes a good step back from the mirror does us all some good.

Kimberly

Firstly, I have no idea if you actually are aware of it, but the way you address things is quite hostile and occasionally sarcastic.

Ohhh she is well aware. She has been told over and over. Some people are the type that think they know everything about everything and thrive on the attention...... there are also those that create dissension wherever they go with no regard for anyone other than themselves. Most of the time she has "back up" that runs in to help her stir the pot. Many threads have turned sour once that tribe arrives. One of these days, the mods will tire of it and she will be gone until her next name change. It is only the people that really do not care about this board or its members that take pleasure in zipping in,spewing some sarcastic comments,and sit back waiting on their next opportunity. Most of the people here are very nice and read posts with the intent of understanding the "light" in which they were written.

Fourthly, if you press Ctrl + +/-, you can adjust the size of the text on the screen in most cases. Just be careful not to adjust too much or you'll break the layout. You won't break the website, but it'll be an eyesore.

What an awesome tip! Thanks!