Fundraiser Help please

momtohaley2004

I have a lady wanting to sell my candles for a fundraiser to raise money to help pay for her sister's headstone. We have already agreed upon and discussed the process and the price. I wanted her to do it via order format where she takes the orders and then gives me the amount per candle that we agreed upon and she keeps the rest. She choose some scents from my inventory and wants to use those for her sale. Personally I feel she has too many and too many of them are fruity and bakery scents. I don't think she has enough variety. Can I get any opinions please. Here is what she wants to offer for order from me:

baked apple pie

banana nut breat

Grandma's Kitchen

sugar cookie

candy corn

candycane

cinnamon surprise

pumpkin pie

wedding cake

green apple

peaches and cream

blueberry buckle

april fresh downy

sex on the beach

sweet dreams

tickled me pink

fresh strawberry

cucumber melon

birds of paradise

Here is what I was thinking of offering:

Cut the list to about 10-14 at most. Offer bakery, vanilla's, holiday scent, and fruit scents as well as a floral or two. I think she needs a few vanilla scents and some floral scents in order to have a round selection for everyone. Personally, I like vanilla so I would not buy any of these scents. What if there is someone else like me out there?

Can anyone help? i'd greatly appreciate it. Any advice or comments/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If it was me. I would offer 10 scents. This way I could possibly order in bulk for the oils (if she had enough orders of course) and it would make it much easier for you because you don't have to make or stock so many scents. I would offer a variety like what you said because everyone likes different scents. I prefer fruity scents, my mom likes flowery, my sister in law likes fresh scents and so on. This way there is something for everyone.

If she's already picked the scents, it seems a little late now to tell her she can't have them. Since you are the one making them, and I assume you already have experience selling candles, it probably would have been in your best interest as well as hers, to limit her to fall scents.

How will you go about telling her that she can only have a limited number of scent choices now?

With all of the scents you listed, how were you planning on filling her orders? One at a time or were all orders supposed to be turned in at once? I can't imagine the hassle of making one green apple candle, two pumpkin pies, six banana nut breads, one april fresh downy, etc.

I'm guessing she probably picked out all of the scents that appealed to her personally without considering what might be good sellers. I agree that you should always have a vanilla candle as well as one floral option. With that in mind, I would trim her selection down as follows and possibly add the vanilla and floral options as well:

baked apple pie

banana nut breat

sugar cookie

candy corn

cinnamon surprise

pumpkin pie

I would narrow it down to 10-12 scents. Also how to suggest you might want to say"YOU have chosens some good fragrances BUT it is alot and might make it overwhelmng for people to choose what they want". "If you limit to a certain amount it will make it easier on you, the customer and me. Make this suggestion in a nice way and I THINK she would re-consider.

Like Sockmoney says go with her favorite bakery.Then a vanilla, a floral,a couple fruit but don't forget to add a fresh scent.With this choice you can have 1 floral, 1 vanilla, one fresh,2-3 fruit and all the rest bakery. I think a good pick since she seems to want most bakery and fruit.If she wants a holiday have her pick the candy corn or candy cane. This should cover it all.

LynnS

This is a good learning experience :)! If you plan on doing more fundraisers it would be a good idea to have a set amount of fragrances offered and always use that. I would pick your best sellers and though I am no fan of vanilla at all, many many love vanilla! If you have everything preset then when you are approached about a fundraiser again you can hand your information and your order sheet that the fundraiser will use showing how many scents are offered.

Angi

I know that the top sellings scents can vary from region to region, which I didn't consider when I made my suggestion to you. In the midwest around this time of year baked goods and spicy scents are the best sellers. In the spring and summer its florals and fruits.

In considering some of the items I deleted, I thought about whether a potential buyer would know what something smelled like, and the likelihood they would buy it if they didn't. That is why I eliminated grandma's kitchen, bird of paradise, sex on the beach, tickle me pink, and april fresh downy.

Maybe you would do better with the fruit scents instead of the baked goods in the fall since you're further south and have a warmer climate.

Either way, I would try to drastically slash the number of scents you have available.

She chose those scents as a starting point to let me know what she was interested in. I gave her my best sellers and she picked a few from them as well. We are working on shortening the list as she has agreed to that. I just simply stated that it may be overwhelming to customers to choose if there are more than 10-12 choices. For the most part, I gave her my suggestions and we are working together to come up with what fits both of us. See, this is NOT only for my area but she will also be selling to other friends and family members out of state, etc. She will be the responsible one for delievering the candles no matter where she sells them to. Thus, she wanted scents that her family, etc were into. I advised her though that this is an option but if selling to others, she may want to consider a variety as well. Seems to work.

I have a lady wanting to sell my candles for a fundraiser to raise money to help pay for her sister's headstone. We have already agreed upon and discussed the process and the price. I wanted her to do it via order format where she takes the orders and then gives me the amount per candle that we agreed upon and she keeps the rest. She choose some scents from my inventory and wants to use those for her sale. Personally I feel she has too many and too many of them are fruity and bakery scents. I don't think she has enough variety. Can I get any opinions please. Here is what she wants to offer for order from me:

baked apple pie

banana nut breat

Grandma's Kitchen

sugar cookie

candy corn

candycane

cinnamon surprise

pumpkin pie

wedding cake

green apple

peaches and cream

blueberry buckle

april fresh downy

sex on the beach

sweet dreams

tickled me pink

fresh strawberry

cucumber melon

birds of paradise

Here is what I was thinking of offering:

Cut the list to about 10-14 at most. Offer bakery, vanilla's, holiday scent, and fruit scents as well as a floral or two. I think she needs a few vanilla scents and some floral scents in order to have a round selection for everyone. Personally, I like vanilla so I would not buy any of these scents. What if there is someone else like me out there?

Can anyone help? i'd greatly appreciate it. Any advice or comments/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You have 5 different caterogies of fragrances, so just offer between 3-5 of each fragrance in each category

Don't forget about sales tax for the St of Texas. They are very strict about Fundraisers. Unless the lady raising the money has gotten an Exemption Certificate, you will have to charge her tax. She will be responsible for the Sales Tax on what she sells them for over your price, but you have to collect taxes on what you charge her. What is her goal ($ amt) for the Fundraiser? Carole