First EVER container - Glass Glow

judyvega

Ok, so this was an experience for me, being used to pillars and all. I'm a bit disappointed that I ended up w/a different pattern near the top - not sure why that happened as I tried to do everything right (heated jar, cooled on cookie rack, under a box slowly). Oh, and I plan to use status or hex jars - this was all I had on hand. I think this wax is too pretty to put in a plain old mason jar. :) Thanks for looking. Oh, and it's scented Peak Bartlett Pear (love that scent)!

post-278-139458433402_thumb.jpg

Looks great, Judy! The different pattern at the top is cause because of a difference in the temperature/rate of cooling there.

I think this wax is too pretty to put in a plain old mason jar.

ROTFLMAO - that's why I ended up ordering some Status jars 'cause I thought the same thing! Like wearing sneakers with a cocktail dress!:laugh2:

Can hardly wait to see the next ones you come up with!

Judy, have you tried burning yet? Any troubles?

I know someone who is having no wick luck at all and is just horrified. I'm afraid to try it now.:undecided

Thanks, and I wish you all the luck in the world with it, I hope that you are successful.

Fern-Marie - I wicked it w/an LX16 and it is TOO small. So I went to WalMart and bought some pretty square libby jars that I'm going to go down and pour right now. I'll let you know how they do :) It is strange working w/this wax! lol

Did you burn it all the way down, Judy? Palm wax doesn't burn like other wax either... ;)

I burned it for about seven hours yesterday - complete tunnel. I was hoping it would catch up, but it won't. The wick looks like it's going to drown out. So I'll get it rewicked.

Palm wax tunnels bigtime - always wants to make a shell, but when left burning the melt pool grows and grows... Sometimes mine burn so slowly, I am sure the wick will drown, but they usually "right" themselves by sloooowly consuming the hangup. If the hangup on the glass is more than 1/4", you are probably right in thinking it'll never catch up. I enjoy wicking my pillars to leave a thin shell so that a tealight can be inserted - a "forever" pillar. I suppose one could do that with the containers, too, although I have not tried it... it is odd stuff for sure!

Palm wax tunnels bigtime - always wants to make a shell, but when left burning the melt pool grows and grows... Sometimes mine burn so slowly, I am sure the wick will drown, but they usually "right" themselves by sloooowly consuming the hangup. If the hangup on the glass is more than 1/4", you are probably right in thinking it'll never catch up. I enjoy wicking my pillars to leave a thin shell so that a tealight can be inserted - a "forever" pillar. I suppose one could do that with the containers, too, although I have not tried it... it is odd stuff for sure!

My shell is almost an inch thick lol - I saw a pic somewhere where someone had posted theirs burning and what it looked like - it certainly does have a different burn. I poured another one in a different jar last night that I'll post here in a second - I THINK it needs to be double wicked - I don't know why for my first containers I chose a difficult wax and containers lol. I always do things the hard way. :) I would love to be able to get them working, though - love the looks of this wax and I think they would sell good.