Help fast please!!!!!!!

cybersix

If it's just a one off, I would establish the quantity required and work out your pricing very carefully, making sure you count and cover your costs for absolutely everything very carefully and then give them a small reduction for a bulk order. Don't be tempted to undersell yourself. Although, this may bring you some regular repeat business in future, at this stage I wouldn't offer too much out of the ordinary, they are asking for a price and they may well come back to you and ask for a better price if they buy more.

Sometimes I could kick myself, because in the panic to get a price out asap I missed the cost of something out, or underestimated the quantities of materials.

Thank you, my prices are already set (wholesale/retail), but in this case wholesale doesn't apply.

I should go with a volume discount, but I don't know how to break ranges.

They also asked for samples but I won't give any. My stuff is too preciuos for me to give away free!

If it is a wedding planning agency, I would think that there is a chance of continuous re-orders if they are happy with your stuff. They would in turn be "selling" your items to their clients, and would have to be making some money on them. So I would likely treat them as a wholesale order, and yes, if they are a legit business, I would provide samples. I don't know about Italy, but here in Canada weddings can be hugely expensive, and being a supplier for a wedding planning agency could be a really good thing. Check out their interest, if it would be a continuous thing or a one time order, and plan from that. Good luck.

For volume orders I did a discount, not really wholesale. I was worried about my pricing because I only started with a 50 cent discount and went down a quarter for each level after that. This is what I came up for the company inquiring about my lotion bars and they felt the pricing was perfect.

Here is an example of what I gave them:

1 unit to 200 units - $7.00/each

201 units to 400 units - $6.75/each

401 units to 600 units - $6.50/each

601 units to 800 units - $6.25/each

801 units to 1000 units - $6.00/each

1101 units to 1500 units - $5.75/each

1501 units to 2000 units - $5.50/each

As far as samples, I understand that you feel that your stuff is too precious to give away, but sometimes that sample you DO give will be the deciding factor on if they are going to use you or not. When it comes to marketing your products, you should indeed always give samples so people can feel and smell your items, you may see an increase in sales. Think of Mary Kay and Avon, they are forever giving away samples and that helps their sales even more. If this company will be a reorder at different times for you and that helps your business, send em samples. The only time I would never send anything is if they were asking for full-sized samples. Unless I felt it would really really increase my chances of getting their business, then I would give one full-size but I don't make a habit of that.

Angi

Ok girls, some things:

they asked for sampling to be viewed. But they are in another city (6 hours drive from here) and I told them they can buy something at wholesale price (I'd have to pay for shipping also).

Since they didn't ask for a certain type of candle I told them volume discount depending on quantity, they have to give me quantity.

On their website there are all the informations I need. Tax ID and so on. So I think they're legit.

I already lost a lot of monet with samples. I pay everything so much because I import from US and I'm not happy of giving free samples. If they'll write back I'll try to understand better what they want.

They found my site with google ads.

Maybe I screwed it up but I hope to have a chance.

Thanks for your suggestions

Sabrina,

can't you smply tell them that it was your ignorant twin who said "No samples!" ?? :D No, seriously, it's common to give samples - they want to see what they get before they order. Just call them and tell them you will send them a sample candle and that it is something you normally don't do because customers come to your shop and see your products there but that it is something different with customers from other cities.

Just a suggestion...

Have they got back to you again already?

I keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Sabrina,

can't you smply tell them that it was your ignorant twin who said "No samples!" ?? :D No, seriously, it's common to give samples - they want to see what they get before they order. Just call them and tell them you will send them a sample candle and that it is something you normally don't do because customers come to your shop and see your products there but that it is something different with customers from other cities.

Just a suggestion...

Have they got back to you again already?

I keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Hi Inez, they didn't get back to me.

I can't call back... or yes??? I already ruined it! can you see I'm a selling newbie?? But maybe I can sedn something without telling them. What do you think?

Why not put a sample packet together and offer it for sale at a reduced or wholesale cost to ligit buyers. If you get a large order out of it, you could credit it toward that order. If you don't get an order out of it, you haven't lost any money.

I did so. But they didn't get back to me.