Nuebie here..where does everyone get their dye from for tarts? thanks!

sim

I do dye my tarts and I would rather not but I find that white ones don't sell as well. People like to match the colors to their rooms/house. I use the dye blocks from NG's. I really like how nicely it "melts". I have tried some others and I am always left with color specks that didn't fully dissolve so I am going to stick with NG's. Maybe one of these times I will try the liquid dye.

I use the liquid dyes and dye chips from Peak's. HTH

I also use Peak's liquid dye. One bottle lasts a long time. I find it is easier to get the same colors consistently when I know how many drops per pound to use. I started with dye blocks but found them harder to measure. It is also easy to mix colors to get a special color. I drop the colored wax onto a small piece of marble that I keep in the refrigerator. It cools instantly and shows me what the color will look like. I keep a record of the color combos and quantities so it is easy to replicate. I feel color is a big part of presentation.