Dye Disaster

I should have gone to work today, LOL. I was making a pillar and on the last layer. I squeezed really hard on the purple dye as it would not come out. The top shot off, and there was dye everyone. It looked like a crime scene where the victim bled violet. To top things off, I knocked over the pour pot, so now I had purple dye and wax everywhere.

Just then, hubby decides to pop in for lunch. He comes in announcing "smells good in here"; he is full of crap, the candles were unscented. At any rate, he starts to walk into the kicthen. "Bad move!" I cry.

Thank the lord for whomever it was that tipped us off that FO removes candle dye. It worked like a charm. It is now three hours later and my kitchen looks almost normal. Scrubbing my kitchen on my hands and knees was not on my list of fun things to do on a day off. The place does smell good!

I need some really good liquid dyes. I have the squeeze ones from C&S and they are the pits. Suggestions are welcome.

e

I'm laughing at you, only because I just did something very similar. Yeah the FO is wonderful. Too bad it doesn't work on really stubborn ones that I missed way long ago.

You probably don't order from Peak or LS, but that's where I get my liquids from any more. For some reason those dropper tops don't seem to fall apart as quickly as CCS'.

I had the same thing happen with the peach dye from C&S. I took the wax and poured it into clamshells and made my own dye blocks. But it looked like a murder scene, dark red splatters--everywhere!

That's when you clean everything up, pop your feet up and make a strong beverage!