candle kits

Hi! I'm new to candle making and am trying to decide which starter container kit to buy. Taylored Concepts is 30 minutes from where I live and their kit is about $100, but Peak's starter kit looks good also and is cheaper. Any suggestions as to which one is best? Thanks.

dianesue

Well when starting out, I personally tried every starter kit from Peaks!! I tried the Pillar, votive, and container kits from them and I must say they gave you plenty of supplies to work with. The only thing that they didn't give you was a scale. Other than that they provided you with a great start to begin with, plus their kits are less than a 100 bucks. I believe they run for about 49 bucks.

The Taylored Concepts kit has more things, that is why it costs more. The extra things (compared to Peak's) are: portable heating plate, mixing spoon, more molds, wick pins, and warning labels. I don't know how much a portable heating plate costs (I just use my stove), but the other things are cheap things, so if it's me, I'd go for Peak's kit. The shipping on their kit usually runs around $10.

make sure that you are getting the same quality of material in the kit first then look at peaks website order the kit and check shipping if the price is cheaper go with them. but if you are getting granulated wax or what not then definatly go with peaks