What would you do?

awickedscent

I received my order from candlewic on Fri. and when I got home I opened it up right away because the box looked like an accordian. In the box there were 48 molds and 8 pour pots. All the pour pots were smashed in and not sure how the molds are going to be. I call UPS right away and they told me that I had to call the shipper. Since it was a holiday weekend I called and left a message. well they want me to box it up and send it back so they can look at it themselves. No problem. But I told them that if they wanted me to do that, I will but it will be in the same box that it came in and that I want my products to be sent in the mean time. I needed these over the weekend as I have large orders to complete and now they are putting me way behind. I think it is partly their fault since the items didnt look like they were packaged very well. I also told them that if they didnt send another replacement that I would do a chargeback for no products. Am I doing the right thing?

Maybe they want you to send it back because UPS would not honor the claim if they failed to pack it correctly.:confused: Even if the box is smashed, any shipping company will try to say it was the shippers fault if there was not 3 inches of padding.

Having the UPS inspector come out to your home should be enough.The replacement money comes from UPS insurance for the damaged box, not out of candlewic's pocket. It sounds like they screwed up. I wouldn't threaten them with a chargeback thou, I would be nice and calm about it.

Whatever the size of your order regardless, if there was that much damage they can't just send you out replacements at their cost with out getting the product back. In a perfect world they should just take your word for it and make the customer happy by fixing your issue. Unfortunatly we don't so I understand that you are very mad at not getting your stuff that you paid for and can't use.

I would sit tight and let them handle it, they have been around forever and will fix it. It will just take a little time.

I would hold off on the chargeback threat too. I don't think you will instantly get your money back until the credit card company completes their investigation. They would need to contact the vendor about the dispute, and by the time it's all over you will probably already have replacements in your hands.

Take a picture of everything before you ship it back to them. Even if you send it back to them in their messed up box, you still need to take care with it and make sure that it's properly sealed so that nothing will fall out, should it go through another rough round like it did on it's way to you. If your box shows up to them with something missing they would be within their rights not to give you credit for it.

Try to remain positive about the situation. As far as I know, Candlewic doesn't have a bad reputation, so they will probably do the right thing.

Maybe they want you to send it back because UPS would not honor the claim if they failed to pack it correctly.:confused: Even if the box is smashed, any shipping company will try to say it was the shippers fault if there was not 3 inches of padding.

Having the UPS inspector come out to your home should be enough.The replacement money comes from UPS insurance for the damaged box, not out of candlewic's pocket. It sounds like they screwed up. I wouldn't threaten them with a chargeback thou, I would be nice and calm about it.

Whatever the size of your order regardless, if there was that much damage they can't just send you out replacements at their cost with out getting the product back. In a perfect world they should just take your word for it and make the customer happy by fixing your issue. Unfortunatly we don't so I understand that you are very mad at not getting your stuff that you paid for and can't use.

I would sit tight and let them handle it, they have been around forever and will fix it. It will just take a little time.

Call the UPS hub that would have delivered it and ask them if they took pictures poir to sending it on to you. I worked at a UPS hub for a year and anything that was damaged or leaking when it arrived, pictures were always taken of the damage so that the hub it arrived in was not blaimed for the damage. They should have pictures!

Fire

Well it seems like there was some confusion. They thought everything in the box was damaged and since I wasnt sure if the molds were damaged by looking at them they wanted to see them for themselves. I ended up telling them that the molds seems to be okay and that the pour pots were all damaged. The box it self looks like it was hit by a truck. But they took care of everything....:D

No Mindy, they don't just 'throw' the boxes in the back of the truck - yes there is a big time crunch however they work fast not destructively and what a mess that would be in the truck....and how would they ever find anything?

Boxes are stacked, one on top of the other - lightweight boxes might get a heavier box put on top of it....(Think a box full of pour pots under a box of wax!) The light weight box might not have been packed well enough to take the weight...So yea boxes get smashed but I would wager 99% of the drivers (and the pre-loaders) do care and do their best to make sure your box arrives as it was shipped.

Think about how many boxes you receive in a normal month (if you are like me it is lots) and how many are damaged? In about 5 years I have had product leak, thus soaking the box, but other than the leaking fo, everything else was ok.....I had a box of fabric that looked like an accordian but fabric was fine! So 2 boxes (for me) in 5 years.....pretty good odds I think!

We really do put alot of blame on our delivery people - I think for the most part they all (USPS, UPS, FedEx) all do a great job.

And one should not wait until the last minute to order supplies they need immediately - always figure that something can (and frequently does) go wrong!

And most hubs (if not all) use conveyor type belts to sort and load packages! Sure people load those belts and toss the boxes on, but that is not like tossing them into the back of the truck.