How is the quality on NG's oils? I got a few today that smell really off & i >>>

sim

You should always contact the supplier if you have an issue with them. I just received an order from another supplier and contacted them and they are aware of it...Not taking blame but they are sending me a sample size so I can match the scent to what I have. The scent I received smells like rubbing alcohol and after testing some in paraffin it changed a bit and now smells like vanilla saturated in rubbing alcohol...Yuck.....The other FO's smell great except for this one....I hope you can get it resolved....

Have you ordered these same scents before from them, do they smell different than you thought they were going to smell like, or is it like a fuel smell???

I would definitly put them in wax, judging them by oob doesn't really work. I have some really nasty smelling oob FO's but when they are put in wax they smell different.

Sometime any company can get a bad batch. Their Maple Walnut smelled like fuel I called and they said nothing was wrong but Debbie the owner checked and said it was bad. So call and tell to check. Also the Gingerbread is different than it use to be but they gave me my money back for that.

What scent were these and I'll tell you if they work for me.

It would be hard for us to say you have "off" oils, since for one, we have no idea what oils you're talking about, and obviously can't smell them.

All noses are different and therefore what you smell may be different than what I smell.

You should always try them in wax before making a final decision, although in my case, there have been a few (not from NG) that just stunk so bad OOB, that I just couldn't bring myself to do it. LOL

I'll say that every oil I've bought from NG has been very good either in soap or wax!

There is no way you can tell what a fragrance oil is going to do until you get in the application! There are just too many varibles out of the bottle. And consider this - when sniffing from a bottle you are picking up all sorts of chemicals including the carrier oils. It's been my experience to get an idea of what a FO is going to smell like - OOB, put it on a q-tip or some type of absorbent material, let it sit and air out a bit - then sniff. Think perfume and how it smells different on different people, it's the same thing with FO, when it gets in wax, soap, lotion, etc. - the chemistry is not complete until then.

Well NG must be doing something right with their oils, have you seen the humongous wharehouse they just had built and are moving into in October? Holy cow! Someones buying their oils...LOL...Congrats to NG!

:wave: That would be me! LOL I've been using them for 6 yrs now.....I'm sure there is a wing in that warehouse somewhere that should be dedicated to me! heehee

I just got 9 bottles of FO from NG today and everyone smells great oob, can't wait to put it in wax. Pumpkin crunch and orange danish....awesome! I had no idea what dragons blood was like, but I like it too! I've never had a problem with any of their FO.