? about aroma ornies

cybersix

First time for me with these (in these day I was free from work so I did a lot of experiments lol), I baked them at 350 for 7 minutes. The side which was laying on the aluminium foil is flat, the other side is bumpy and maybe I didn't pay so much attention in how the beads were disposed, because now they have some peak raising from the surface.. anyway, is it normal to have such a differene in the sides? Or did I bake them not enough? Also I thought they were hard once cooled, but they are like hard gum insted. pliable and elastic.

did I mess with ornies also??

TIA

Hobby Lobby carries Crop-A-Dile Hole Punch & Setter. My sister in law recommended it but I haven't tried it yet for punching holes. She does a lot of scrabooking and uses it. According to the website for Hobby Lobby it states

"This Crop-A-Dile hole punch and setter is 8 tools in 1. It punches 1/8" x 3/16" holes and sets eyelets, snaps, and more. It is ideal for punching paper, tin, fabric, leather, chipboard, wood, plastic, acrylic, poly, and more."

It retails for 26.99 but if you watch Hobby Lobby's website sometimes they have a coupon for 40 percent off any one item that is not on sale. That makes this like 16 dollars. I'm waiting for the coupon to come up again and then I plan to buy this myself.

Anyone have suggestions on how to package these?

I drill a hole in them and them use an optical screwdriver (the really tiny kind) to punch the string through. It's a pita, but for right now it's what I do. I've got it down to a science now, so I'm pretty quick at it. I package mine in 3x4 polypro bags with a cardstock top stapeled on, along w/warning label sticker on back.

Sabina, I tried the hole punch gizmo without any success. I do use nails to create the hole like Chris. Any nail about 1" long will work but the bigger the head the more stable it will be. I just will up my cookie cutters with the beads then place the nail where I want the hole flat head down on the foil. Just jiggle it around until it is setting flat. Then you can mound up the bead a little around the nail. Bumps are normal. If you want both sides smooth just bake another minute or two. For me it depends on the mold. I like my dolphins smooth and my palm trees bumpy.

Have fun

• 4 months later...
Nope, sounds right. I bake mine for about 4-5 minutes so they are more bumpy. My logic is that the longer you bake them, the more FO burns off. You can bake them longer so they are smoother but IMHO they don't last as long. Have fun with them!

I baked mine for a little longer......11 min. and couldnt get the little boogers to release. they are still in the cookie cutters........hehe. but they are nice and smooth. good sent throw.......Ida

That cookie cutter place on line has tons of ideas, I ordered Xmas ones and they are pretty good, a bit on the flimsy side, so you might want to order more than 1 of each that you like. I'm going to do hearts & shamrocks and another good seller and still is....football helmets! Of course I had to do some painting on them, but they were cute and sold like hot cakes! Like Ohio State I made silver beads and then used red acrylic paint and painted OSU on them. A red stripe around the edge and done! I have orders for more, since OSU is doing good. Good Luck!

That cookie cutter place on line has tons of ideas, I ordered Xmas ones and they are pretty good, a bit on the flimsy side, so you might want to order more than 1 of each that you like. I'm going to do hearts & shamrocks and another good seller and still is....football helmets! Of course I had to do some painting on them, but they were cute and sold like hot cakes! Like Ohio State I made silver beads and then used red acrylic paint and painted OSU on them. A red stripe around the edge and done! I have orders for more, since OSU is doing good. Good Luck!

Do the silver beads show as a true silver or more of a gray? TIA

Forgive me for being dumb, but I made waxed dipped ornies for potpourri. I made a cinnamon mixture recipe up & used cookie cutters. I bake these & then after cooling, dipped them in tinted fragrance wax.

It sounds like the aroma ornies are made different?? Are these something new?

Forgive me for being dumb, but I made waxed dipped ornies for potpourri. I made a cinnamon mixture recipe up & used cookie cutters. I bake these & then after cooling, dipped them in tinted fragrance wax.

It sounds like the aroma ornies are made different?? Are these something new?

Depends on your definition of new ;)

http://www.candlesupply.com/how2aromaornies.html

About the silver....I put the FO in my jar and just a little black dye on a tooth pick and swirl it in the FO, add the beads and stir. It looks pretty much like a silver color, if I don't have enough color, I do the toothpick again right in the beads. If you get to much black you'll get more grey looking color.