Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meridith

Honey and Carrot soap

I made this soap yesterday. It has no scent, pureed carrots, honey, fresh dried mint leaves and oatmeal. For part of my liquid, I used reconstituted coconut milk, buttermilk and goats milk with some monoi oil added at trace. I really like the soft yellow color and how creamy it looks. So far, the soap on my hands from unmolding got some really nice lather and was not drying at all.

post-121-139458432767_thumb.jpg

Those are real pretty, Meridith! Lovely bars! :thumbsup:

The ingredients sound awesome.

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping it will be nice and gentle. There is not that much of a scent but at the same time, it smells very clean. I hope that makes sense. I'm thinking next time I won't put any dried peppermint leaves on the top - not big on stuff on the top of soaps. I did only put in the whole 3lb batch, including what is on top, 1 Tbs. of the dried peppermint so it really is not that much. It came from a friend's garden so I had to incorporate it. But I was going for some contrasting color to the butter yellow of the soap. Any suggestions for next time?

Funny - I have had the peppermint on the counter in my shop drying out for a few weeks. DD came to the shop to visit and thought her father and I had marijuana!! We laughed so hard we darn near wet ourselves.

MA - I would be more than happy to pop one in the mail for you to try. Since it is a new recipe for the most part for me, I am open for feedback and the possible need to tweak the recipe or chuck it all together depending on how it does in the shower. Keeping fingers crossed...

Great looking soaps. Also great that it didn't get to orange from the carrots. Pretty!

Great looking soaps. Also great that it didn't get to orange from the carrots. Pretty!

It was alot darker orange at first when I added the pureed carrots. I was pleasantly surprised to see how it started turning yellow as I kept stirring. I thought it might still darken up again once I put it in the mold and in the fridge. But it did not.

It seems to be hardening up nicely. I can't wait to try it.

Thanks again for the kind words. :)

I REALLY love that one. I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

If you are looking for color contrast, try parsley...it doesn't turn brown like most herbs do in CP soap.

I'm lovin' your tops!! Your soap looks like it would be so creamy. Yum. Yum. HA... your DD thought the peppermint was Mary Jane??!! LOL That was too funny! I can imagine her expression on her face when she seen the dried peppermint leaves... LMAO... "Uh.. Mom... please don't tell me you have a bong too?" :D

I'm lovin' your tops!! Your soap looks like it would be so creamy. Yum. Yum. HA... your DD thought the peppermint was Mary Jane??!! LOL That was too funny! I can imagine her expression on her face when she seen the dried peppermint leaves... LMAO... "Uh.. Mom... please don't tell me you have a bong too?" :D

That is too funny because that is almost what she said. She said, "so do you and Dad know how to roll big fat ones?" When we started to laugh, she thought we were just wasted. Not bloody likely. lol When I told her to smell it, she thought my "weed" smelled minty and asked how I got it that way. I told her that it was a hybrid plant and I thought I would make a killing in school zones pushing my new hybrid minty pot to kids. No more pot breath. It finally dawned on her we were making fun of her and we were informed that we weren't as cool or funny as we thought we were. LMAO.

Ugh! Looks wonderful and if you don't like stuff on top of your soap, I can make room for it lol! I suppose it's about time to learn to soap with milks since your bars always make me want to try them.

Ugh! Looks wonderful and if you don't like stuff on top of your soap, I can make room for it lol! I suppose it's about time to learn to soap with milks since your bars always make me want to try them.

Let me know and I'll pop one in the mail for you try.:)

That looks Delicious:rockon: :whoohoo: :whoohoo: But i have have to ask what's the purpose of the soap been in the fridge

Am i dumb or what please tell:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I put it in the refrigerator since it is made with honey and milk - both are known accelerates. I don't want the soap to get too hot and my oils to separate so putting it in the refrigerator helps to keep it from getting too hot and gelling. I also didn't want it to gel since I was going for a smoother, creamier look than what you can get if your soap gels.

Meredith thanks for the reply :bow: :bow: I knew i m going to learn a lot in this board and i thank everybody for been so free with yours and there

answers

Happy to be a member :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: Everybody

Your soaps are always so perfect. This one is particulary tranquil looking. One to take to the tub after a hard day.

I agree, very much so!!