Booth Pictures from Weekend Fair

RobinInOR

My favorite fair :)

The river makes a nice backdrop. DH made me a new chalkboard sign to announce specials, and it worked really well. Sold out of anything that was on the sign.

SC2007_booth.jpg

The view from my chair in the back of the tent

SC2007_view.jpg

One of these days I'll decide on "my look". Now I've got every imaginable design I think.

SC2007_soap.jpg

Lip balm display

SC2007_lip.jpg

My new display for my logs

SC2007_logs.jpg

Do you sell your logs as is, by the log, or do you cut up smaller bars of soap from that log and sell them?

BTW, I love the pics and like you said the river fits perfectly with your products.

I received a package from you via my secret buddy, and I still have my cranberry pillars, I refuse to burn it!!! :grin2:

I always enjoy seeing pics of your goodies, and as usual everything looks great! One couldn't ask for a better location to do a fair and I would have to be there every weekend if I could find a place like that.

Your logs look great. If I remember correctly from another post you wrote, you sell in half loaves. Is that what these are? How did they go over?

I like the chalkboard idea too! Hmmm, might have to use that one.

Your booth displays always look inviting. I agree with others; the chalkboard is a great tool. When I see items written on a chalkboard I always think "fresh stuff" in the back of my mind plus "what a deal"! :highfive:

I find the tub of lip balms appealing too, makes me want to rummage around to find just the one I want...and the log display - I'd be checking those out too.

Sitting by a river selling great products...can't imagine a better way to do it! Sure beats selling inside a stuffy building. Really nice!

Go ahead and steal the chalkboard idea, it really does catch your eye. This one was made out of a 1/4 inch birch sheet, and it's really too thin - it warps. I wanted it light, though, and easy to make. DH just had to cut the square out to make legs, painted with chalkboard paint, and sealed the legs. Now all I have to do is learn how to write on a chalkboard :)

The other think that catches customers eyes - the twirly flower thingy. The movement at least makes them look instead of walking by without even a glance. Only thing - after 2-3 hours it squeaked! Drove me nuts.

The logs do OK, and from comments, I think they'll really do well at Christmas. I've sold 3 of them in the last 2 weeks. Yes, these are half logs - I cut my full logs into 2 8" logs and one bar.

Great pics Robin! Love your booth and you soaps look so nice!

I used to live just outside Portland many years ago and would visit the Sandy river to swim and tube. Ha ha! I remember everybody in Oregon fishes!! Your pics remind me of my days back when in Oregon! Thanks for the trip to memory lane!! Loved it!!