Amber -- and its brown side lol

Scented

OK I finally cut it. See the crust? I was waiting to see how dark this FO was going to get and I think it's going to go darker, but for the meantime ... that little playing around stuff looks like this inside (I expect this to disappear lol).

ambercut.jpg

The upside ... that sliver I cut off, soaps up like this:

sudsy.jpg

Now we'll just see how brown this Amber gets. I don't think any more of the top will fade away, just the bronze basically did and it isn't terribly metallic looking either.

It looks great...and it will still look great when it darkens.

I made a batch with Amber Resin infused in one of my oils...no fragrance, just the resin...and it darkened also, but the smell is worth it! Lovely stuff.

I wish it would stay the way it looks in the pic since it looks so cool. I love how the color just outlines the soaps and the soft swirls on the inside.

Yep that would be cool, except it's already a light tan and appears to be wasting little time in catching up ... well it isnt' changing that fast, but sigh ... it's changing. I just really don't want it to go darker overall.

Jbren ... so a resin darkened as well? Here I was just thinking it was because there's vanilla in this.

Pretty pink hand too!! lol :laugh2:
LMAO!!

Anita, you might have to test it. It's only a new recipe lol.

Thanks for the comments all. We'll see what happens by the end of the week now. It would be great if those wisps of swirls didn't disappear, but I'm not sure they'll stick around.

Pretty. It reminds me of a pumpkin loaf that I waited almost a week to cut and when I did it had a dark crust but the inside was bright orange and in a matter of two or three days the inside was dark as the crust. I knew as soon as the air hit it, it would loose it's cool:laugh2: I hope yours stays exactly the way it is because that's pretty neat:highfive:

Jbren ... so a resin darkened as well? Here I was just thinking it was because there's vanilla in this.

Yes, It's not really dark brown, more like a caramel color. I can PM or email you a picture if you like...I don't want to hijack your thread and your beautiful creation!

Yes, It's not really dark brown, more like a caramel color. I can PM or email you a picture if you like...I don't want to hijack your thread and your beautiful creation!

I want the brown I saw on yours lol! Mine is going darker than that and it simply must stop!

Thanks for the kind words all, but we'll see what the end result is. All I see is it getting darker and darker and that's bites.

I want the brown I saw on yours lol! Mine is going darker than that and it simply must stop!

Thanks for the kind words all, but we'll see what the end result is. All I see is it getting darker and darker and that's bites.

<SIRENS BLARING> We are calling out the color changing police. Reported: The color changing beasts are attempting to attack Scented's beautiful soaps! This must be stopped.

Command Noting to the color changing beasts! Your attempt is fruitless as we love her soap anyway :neener:

AND SCENTED :yay: :yay: :yay:

I WANT ONE OF THOSE SOAPS TO TEST, Please, Please, Please!!! And I promise to not ask for the pretty pink hand too! hehehe

:awww: I know how you feel(sigh)

LOL! DeJae ... ok no pink hand! Deal if you enter Carrie's secret soaper swap.

Hey it still smells good. And I guess since I don't have one brown soap in my batches, this could be the first if the scent sticks as it cures.

HEHEHE

Just got back to this post as I have been busy doing a show.

SCENTED! I had already joined Carrie's swap, opps, maybe I am not suppose to say that??? :lipsrseal I don't know, I never did a secret swap before.

WELL DUH, I have never done a swap for soaps before at all...

Ok, if I wasn't suppose to say that, I didn't but I want a bar anyway, please, please!!!!

<<<made fool of ones self so thing I better :tiptoe:

Well now we know you're in it LMAO ... She hasn't come here to scold anyone yet ;) I'll hold one back for you, but it will be awhile before it's ready.

Geez Louise, now she wants me to have patience too....such demands on this board. I tell ya!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you....and she can't scold me, I didn't say it, really I didn't...it was my household soap fairies invading my computer! :lipsrseal :tiptoe: