crumbly soap help!!!!!!!!!!!!

katshe

I made a batch of soap hp when I cut it , it's soft and falls apart

Should I let it set another day and see if it is better?

it is supposed to be a mild oo soap with

caster, palm, lard, olive, cocoabutter

Two bars i poured in another mold seem fine ( same Batch), but the 2 lb log is crumbling on me.

Not sure what to do.

It is not lye heavy , no zap. It was in the mold all night till next afternoon. when I cut the first bar it fell apart. i am saying crumbly cause the surface looks crumbly not smooth where it is breaking apart.

This is the second morning and it is still falling apart when I cut .

I rebatched the first slice that fell apart and smooshed it into a single mold and it seems ok but I do not have to cut it so I assume it will harden up ok.

As contradictory as it may be, I had a batch with smooshy top that crumbled also and didn't zap ... weirdness, IMO. With the top cut off, I'm seeing how it does, but I'm expecting it to possibly crumble again ... the tops aren't smooshy any more. However, it's not HP it's CP.

I should have photographed it. By smooshy, it was still soft enough to push a finger into and move around, but once cut off, it got crumbly as did the corners of the bars.

I had THREE batches in the same week that were soft and crumbly. And strangely tho the bits were soft I had a VERY hard time mushing them together into soap balls - they kept falling apart. No zap. They were honey recipes so that might have been it. I didn't try that recipe again and it was about a year ago. Now I'm curious - they were very nice bits...

Mine was also a honey batch with oatmeal

i rebatched and it turned out fine...but I ended up with less soap?

It is still too soft to use , but it did cut better this time.

I think this will need a few weeks to harden up