Bars or sticks??

TwinMom

LOL i've been thinking of this for a while to. Well for an easy way to pack it i would choose stick, however if i was going to use it for a massage i would want to be able to hold it in my hands for a few minutes first before rubbing it on and i can't imagine myself rubbing a stick on my palms for a while ....but they would be nice for presentation.

So honestly i would prefer a bar in a tin, that i could just plop out and return....HTH's! (A nice label would make up for the bar being in a tin)

LOL i've been thinking of this for a while to. Well for an easy way to pack it i would choose stick, however if i was going to use it for a massage i would want to be able to hold it in my hands for a few minutes first before rubbing it on and i can't imagine myself rubbing a stick on my palms for a while ....but they would be nice for presentation.

So honestly i would prefer a bar in a tin, that i could just plop out and return....HTH's! (A nice label would make up for the bar being in a tin)

That sounds good and does clear up my thoughts!:rolleyes2

Definitely a good point...

I've always got freezing cold skin - so it definitely wouldn't melt onto me just via a stick - I'd need to really cup it in my hands and hold it a bit to have enough on my hands to slather it around...

OTOH - the idea of someone being able to take a stick into work even and just give a quick swipe over a dry area and a quick rub in does sound potentially good too...

Maybe I'm just muddling up what in essence could be marketed as two different products...

In a tube for portability and use on the run with ease of use on small, selected dry areas with minimal mess - a solid body lotion/balm (like a lip balm for the body! lol)...

Versus in a tin for a more luxurious melt in the hand and whole body moisturising experience - a solid massage bar...

Hmmm... Decisions, decisions... ;-)

Ann-Marie x

I've been contemplating this too! I'd probably go with both.

To me the tin spells decadence, but the lotion tube would definitely be a lot easier to use.

I'd probably market the tin for large sizes (I probably wouldn't carry around 3oz of solid lotion) and smaller tubes as "travel" sizes.

Alternatively, you could use a massage bar mold and put THAT in a tin, then say it's the same recipe as your convenient tubes, but as a pampering massage bar in a tin :D

I've been contemplating this too! I'd probably go with both.

To me the tin spells decadence, but the lotion tube would definitely be a lot easier to use.

I'd probably market the tin for large sizes (I probably wouldn't carry around 3oz of solid lotion) and smaller tubes as "travel" sizes.

Alternatively, you could use a massage bar mold and put THAT in a tin, then say it's the same recipe as your convenient tubes, but as a pampering massage bar in a tin :D

Now that's brainstorming at it's best! Terrific idea :highfive:!

I make my lotion bars in a twist up tube. I've tried it in molds and tins in the past... and it just doesn't sell for me. Now the twist tubes... sell like crazy. I've heard customers say that they prefer the tubes... it's easier to handle... less mess. Since I market them as an intense moistuizer... they use it on the most driest parts of their bodies... elbows, knees, feet.... and I guess it's easier for them to rub on and massage in... and you don't have all this greasy product left behind on your hands to wash off. IMO.. if you are marketing them as a "massage bar"... then I'd say... yeah... do the mold or tin thing. Cause you WANT the product on your hands to "massage". When I use my lotion bar... I prefer it in a tube... cause I don't like that coated, greasy feeling on my hands. I get aggravated when trying to open doors... or turning knobs... LOL :laugh2: But I guess it's how you market them. Ask your customers... see what they would prefer. Make both. Hand out products to people YOU KNOW will give you the right feedback.