After-Sun Lotion

CBE

I found a recipe on The Sage... but tweaked it a bit to suit my taste. I will be trying this on my son tomorrow for his sunburn. Hopefully.... it works. If not... then I still got this fantastic lotion I made from scratch for the first time! :grin2: It feels awesome, not greasy.... I love it. I surprised myself! LOL

5 g. Glycerin

5 g. Stearic

5 g. E-Wax

20 g. Monoi Oil

38 g. Calendula Tea

38 g. Green Tea/Chamomile Tea Blend

.5 g. Germaben II

.5 g. Lavender Essential Oil

For the Calendula Tea, all I did was infuse dry calendula petals in boiling water. Let sit until cool, then strain. For the Green Tea/Chamomile Tea Blend... I infused 1 tea bag of green tea, and 1 tea bag of Chamomile in 1 cup of boiling water for 15 min. Then I used the appropriate measurements for each one.

Weigh all ingredients except Germaben II and EO together. Heat in microwave until all solid ingredients are melted. Put container in a cold water bath in the sink and blend with a stick blender to ensure emulsification. Weigh Germaben II and EO together. Add to lotion. Blend again to mix well. Pour into jars/bottles.

I'm amazed with this. Came out really nice and thick AND it's very moisturizing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it at least gives my son some relief.

I rubbed my son down last night with this... and it relieved him alot. He asked me three more different times before going to bed to rub him down. LOL So... It's really helping him. This experiment with Calendula Herb, Green Tea, and Chamomile was a success! I think it would even be BETTER with Emu Oil instead of Monoi Oil!!

I have done some research on this and you could try

brew some tea ( your choice, chamomile and green I would choose) cool and pour into a sprayer bottle -4 oz

add 10 drops lavender oil, maybe a bit of aloe gel or juice and shake and spritz sunburn

I would try this on a small area first

tannin in tea is supposed to help pain

Alos have him drink plenty of water and for pain can give him tylenol

I feel your pain , as I had a severe burn on my face last week ( swollen and blistered

I have done some research on this and you could try

brew some tea ( your choice, chamomile and green I would choose) cool and pour into a sprayer bottle -4 oz

add 10 drops lavender oil, maybe a bit of aloe gel or juice and shake and spritz sunburn

I would try this on a small area first

tannin in tea is supposed to help pain

Alos have him drink plenty of water and for pain can give him tylenol

I feel your pain , as I had a severe burn on my face last week ( swollen and blistered

That's what I did!:yay: I made Calendula Tea... sprayed it on him straight... nothing added to it. I alternate between the Calendula Tea Spray and the Lotion. It's really helping him! I'm amazed. Herbs are wonderful!!

• 4 weeks later...
I I think it would even be BETTER with Emu Oil instead of Monoi Oil!!

I went to Panama City Beach last week. Even sitting under the umbrella and using sunscreen.....my ankles, tops of my feet and shoulders were FRIED. My ankles and feet were burnt so bad they were swollen.

I just happened to take a 2 oz bottle of emu oil with me thinking if this stuff is great for serious burns and scarring, it might work for sunburn. Boy was I right, I put straight emu oil on my feet and the pain was GONE. I put it on again 3 times the next day and was totally shocked that the redness was gone by that night.

I have to try your recipe with the emu oil in it. The emu oil alone is WONDERFUL but the fact that I can have some kind of moisturizing cream to go with it will make it even better!!