Snowtop's Mac Apple (now ICS)

Holly

I just started on my newest bottle of this frgrance -- finished up the Snowtop bottle -- and my nose is detecting a change. It could be me, but it does not seem to have as strong of a throw and just seems different. I hate when this happens. I have noticed this before when another company took over another one. Has anyone noticed anything different. I sure hope it is just my nose. I smelled it in the bottle again too and it just seems different -- more chemically smelling. I just poured 4 10 oz. candles and now am afraid to sell them. I just ran a test in the 16 oz. jar (finally) and it smells different to me. The wicks seem right, meltpool is good. Any ideas? I may have to test one of the 10 jars I poured to see if I get the same results (change) and will let my friend test it who loves this scent. She is finishing up her 10 oz jar of this (oil was from the Snowtop bottle).

I hope it's just your nose ... I need to place an order for ST's Macintosh Apple soon. Let us know how it burns. Thanks.

I did burn it in the 16 oz. jar and it just smells different...not as strong and just not as appealing. I will let you know how the 10 oz. jar goes. I had to melt down some of the wax I had left in a 16 oz. jar (from a test burn) which was the Snowtop oil and then had to use the new bottle oil to make up a little more wax (with oil) to add to it and repoured in the jar with the wicks adhered. It is about 1/2 full right now. I am testing it at the halfway put now with the wicks adhered to make sure on my wick choice from the 1/2 point down -- already know how the top does. Who knows, maybe the little bit that I had to meltdown made the difference....but somehow I don't think so, because it just smells different in the bottle. Although, it could be my nose so I don't want to jump to too big of a conclusion. I do have times where an oil just does not smell good to me anymore. :confused:

I want to give this thread an update and not leave it hanging in question.

I retested this oil, and I think it may have been my nose. It still does not seem quite as strong, but I think I could be developing candlenose to this scent. I did not detect the chemical smell (it was not the fuel smell) this time. However, this time, the wicks seemed a little weak at first so I am going to try another wick. The last one seemed fine -- the one that did not seem to smell right, etc. I will burn this one again to see how the wick burns on the second burn. Once a friend burns it again, I will know for sure it is my nose.

Do any of you go through this once in a while....where a particular scent no longer smells the same to you...like it is missing notes, but no one else seems to notice? It is so frustrating. This is the second time it has happened to me.

Thanks for any input. :)

P.S. The reason why I started this thread was to find out if anyone else experienced anything different. I was hoping that it was my nose and it seems like it most likely is. I do not like to assume that it is and have an oil that will smell different to my customers.