Ugghhh..Testing new Wax

It's been ages since I've tested new soy wax so decided to try GB 464. When they say it has an aswome cold throw they mean it. I usually scent about an once per lb.. and well i'll have to go down to a half ounce. I got a headache, and started having breathing problems. I could smell it all the way in my bedroom.

I forgot about the try scenting it at a 1/2 ounce first rule.

:rolleyes2

Now we'll see if my wicks i picked worked.... that will come tomorrow or later tonight once it's actually set up....

I used blackberry sage....

Beli I love Blackberry Sage!!!! I blend my own! Hope your wicks work out!

Hope you are breathing easier too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay: I know how some of mine take my breath away too!

I have to wick down or reposition the wicks.. (it's a double wick type of jar), I had a side to side full pool in an hour... but the other side isn't full maybe just need to reposition the wicks a bit. but other than that.. the throw is pretty good..

breathings better.. thanks.. I love blackberry sage too.. and it normally doesn't give me problems.

Would you mind sharing what worked for you? You stated 464 wax but what size container and wicks?

Very suprised that you're waiting only for them to set up and not "cure" for a couple of days! Aromas get a little better with some "age."

Would you mind sharing what worked for you? You stated 464 wax but what size container and wicks?

Very suprised that you're waiting only for them to set up and not "cure" for a couple of days! Aromas get a little better with some "age."

Right now I'm testing CDN's which are working great. I'm using a 4inch diameter/11oz tureen jar.

I've always had good luck w/ soy wax and never really needed it to "cure" with my scents I choose as far as test burning, just enough to set up, but normally i end up waiting two-three days to test them anyway as most of the time, that's when my schedule allows me it..

I have some 700's on the way if they ever get here.

I'm testing the GW464 right now. I am using 16 & 26 ounce apothecaries that are 3.75" in diameter. I am double wicking with the 700's I have found that on most of my scents the 755's and 760's work really well. I have a couple that I don't dye that I need to wick down to a 750 and I have a couple of hard to burn scents that take a 765. I really love this wax so far, I have smooth tops, excellent cold & hot throw, and very little frost.

Good luck with your testing.

I'm testing the GW464 right now. I am using 16 & 26 ounce apothecaries that are 3.75" in diameter. I am double wicking with the 700's I have found that on most of my scents the 755's and 760's work really well. I have a couple that I don't dye that I need to wick down to a 750 and I have a couple of hard to burn scents that take a 765. I really love this wax so far, I have smooth tops, excellent cold & hot throw, and very little frost.

Good luck with your testing.

Yeah, i'm double wicking the 11oz Tureen jar as well with CDN 12, though may drop down to 11, as i get side to side full burn in an hour, though it does take 4hrs to get a FULL melt pool. Maybe I just need to reposition the wicks a bit. Right now, they're side by side with a few inches apart. Maybe I need to reposition one so one is on an angle from the other one.