How should a cinnamon bun candle burn?

I hope I'm able to explain what I mean so I can get an answer! For several years, I've bought various cinnamon bun cabdles from a variety of well-known manufacturers as well as from crafters at shows and online. Most are in the range of 2.5" to 4" in diameter and up to about 4" in heigth with the standard icing, etc. I had burned very few of them until the last 5 or 6 wks and simply enjoyed the nice cold throw and appearance.

Several weeks ago I decided to try my hand at these and started buying molds from various sources in order to experiment and test. I'm using 4625 and testing wicks recommended for the various diameters of my molds with this wax. While I've been test burning my own, I've been burning one of my bought ones of the same approx size to compare the way they burn.

I'm wondering now about what I should be looking for because every one of my "nationally known" candles does a straight tunnel with little or no melting of the rest of the "bun." For example, for a 4" diameter bun, I get a tunnel of about 1.5" to the bottom. My own buns are melting almost to the edge of the bun, but I really don't have a tunnel. They are burning evenly all the way down to the bottom.

My batterty is dead on my camera, or I would take a pic. The bought ones I'm burning today are from Valerie Parr Hill on QVC. I could stick a votive in the hole left.

Sorry to be so verbose, but I'm hoping to explain fully and get a response. :confused:

Actually Luci either way is correct I know a lot of people want them to tunnel for just that reason to put a votive or tea light in them. Mine I want about 1/2" shell left a few people I know make thiers to totally be gone when they are done.

Thank you for your response, Vicky. I really did not consider that any of them would be designed to burn in that fashion to allow the insertion of a votive or tealight. I took out another "bun" and lit it about 2 hrs ago. I had removed the wrapper a while back, so I have no idea who made this one. It's doing the same tunneling, but with a much more narrow circle. It also has a very tiny flame, and I'm surprised that it hasn't drowned out.

Personally, I think I like the way mine are burning down and almost completely disappearing. It's looking like a seance around here.

I have purchased candles from VP Hill (QVC) and never had a problem with her candles. Sounds like she may have designed the cinnamon bun for the purpose of inserting a tealight. Sounds neat to me; although I do like the way yours is burning! Personally, I can't burn anything made with cinnamon; sounds goofy, but it leaves a distinct taste in my mouth! Good luck!