Two piece mold with MP

DeJae

I was curious, if you use a shaped mold that is a two piece mold with Melt and Pour, what would be the best way to put the two pieces together?

Has anyone ever done this? or have suggestions, I want to try it with clear MP and clear MP colored inside of it.

These are plastic molds, like candy type molds but if I put it together it doesn't have a place to fill it.

were they not originally made to "go together" and you're just wanting to make a 3D piece? If I'm getting what you're saying, you're trying to take a candy sheet of "1/2" 3D molds and put them together to make a fully 3D finished piece.

If so ... I've never done that. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm thinking the "seam" where the 2 molds meet will be very noticeable. Again, not a problem as long as you don't mind that, or if you trim it and clean it up!

Delta was the brand I was referring to (couldn't think of the name last night) ~ they are blue plastic and have notches to snap together. Worked fine, I just don't use them anymore.

I still use lots of plastic molds, but if they're only "1/2" pieces I just leave them that way. All of my 3D soaps come from silicone molds.

were they not originally made to "go together" and you're just wanting to make a 3D piece? If I'm getting what you're saying, you're trying to take a candy sheet of "1/2" 3D molds and put them together to make a fully 3D finished piece.

If so ... I've never done that. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm thinking the "seam" where the 2 molds meet will be very noticeable. Again, not a problem as long as you don't mind that, or if you trim it and clean it up!

Delta was the brand I was referring to (couldn't think of the name last night) ~ they are blue plastic and have notches to snap together. Worked fine, I just don't use them anymore.

I still use lots of plastic molds, but if they're only "1/2" pieces I just leave them that way. All of my 3D soaps come from silicone molds.

These are two plastic candy molds that normally with chocolate you would smoosh some on the one piece and put the two together. It is all on one sheet. Both sides to the piece are on one sheet, so their are no notches to lock them together as a one piece mold. I could cut the mold and put it together but then, like I said before, there is no area to pour into, it would take alot of cutting to get a pour area into it.

I could pour it in wax, put it together and make a silicone mold of it but was hoping to be able to do it without having to make a silicone mold of it.

These are two plastic candy molds that normally with chocolate you would smoosh some on the one piece and put the two together. It is all on one sheet. Both sides to the piece are on one sheet, so their are no notches to lock them together as a one piece mold. I could cut the mold and put it together but then, like I said before, there is no area to pour into, it would take alot of cutting to get a pour area into it.

I could pour it in wax, put it together and make a silicone mold of it but was hoping to be able to do it without having to make a silicone mold of it.

This is what I use for several of the M&P soap "sculptures" I make. Cut the mold in matching sections, it works best if you can get the edges at least close to the same size. Cut an opening t the "bottom" of the mold. Then line them up and sealthe edges with masking tape- then attach the binder clips, then I will wrap a rubber band or 2 around it to help keep it from bowing out when filled with the warm soap. I set them up on a deep dish (just in case it leaks) useing a pair of cups to stabalize, though I have seen stands designed to do this... I havn't gotten around to buying one yet.

You will have to trim them doing it like this.