Lots of new stuff (image heavy)

nayarx8

Been busy with my Knifty Knitter. Here are my finished projects for the last week.

1. Knitted small red purse with flower button. A gift for my daughter's friend.

2. Knitted short-sleeve sweater. Also a gift for my daughter's friend.

3. Knitted ball with bells inside so it rattles.

4. Crocheted skinny "ocean" scarf.

5. Knitted Belted Sweater jacket for Ava.

6 & 7. Striped tank and matching shrug for Ava.

Its very weird to be working with all this yarn in the middle of an AZ summer, but we are in the middle of monsoon season, so it doesnt seem too bad. Im having so much fun with these looms; only had them about two weeks now.

post-2327-139458431646_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458431649_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458431651_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458431653_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458431655_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458431969_thumb.jpg

post-2327-139458431973_thumb.jpg

The purple rectangle is the one I have. I've used it to make scarves. I don't go the whole length of it though cuz they'd be way to wide. I've thought of making mutiple lonnnnnnnng ones and sewing them together with yarn to make a throw. Or a few short ones, and making a baby blanket cuz I have a new niece or nephew on the way. Do ya think that'd work?

Tallbabydoll,

Yep, thats exactly how you are supposed to use the purple loom for making blankets. Just make however many panels you need, and sew them together. Id use the same yarn as in the blanket to sew instead of thread. Lemme know how it turns out! I also need to make two baby blankets for two expecting friends I have.

These looms are really easy to work with. I believe that you can buy a book that gives you tips and ideas. I can't remember I've had my loom about 3 years now and I have only used it a few times. I actually like to knit with the needles. Plus the loom that I have is for making hat's I believe.

Has anyone tried the little loom to make socks yet? I am working on my first pair with double pointed needles and I am thinking that the loom would be easier!

I used to know how to knit, and completely forgot! So, the looms were easier for me this time around than the needles. Im so mad at myself for not getting the hang of the knitting needles again because I find so many patterns I wanna try!

Lorrie,

What loom do you have? Most looms can be used for lots of different projects. I make lots of stuff using the flat panel technique on the round looms.

Socks are HARD! No matter if you use needles or a loom. Ive been on a quest for years to make a nice pair of socks. Recently, Ive tried it with the blue Knifty Knitter loom. I have made 5 "test" socks in the last month, trying to get my pattern perfect, and its SO CLOSE right now. Tube socks can be done, no problems, but socks with a heel are trickier. Provo crafts has sock looms that I want to try just because they are a smaller guage than the KK looms.

The heel was the hardest part for me. I can actually make a whole sock and it looks fine, but there is always a "hole" around the heel after Im done, for some reason. Once I sew that up, the sock looks great, but I can never get two socks to come out exactly the same; lol!!

The heel was the hardest part for me. I can actually make a whole sock and it looks fine, but there is always a "hole" around the heel after Im done, for some reason. Once I sew that up, the sock looks great, but I can never get two socks to come out exactly the same; lol!!
LOL, that is my fear! This is my first pair of socks and I keep picturing this pair of socks where one is a knee sock and the other is a bootie. LOL