Palm Bug Be Gone Candle

OFCILynn

I tried a little experiment for the 4th of July by making this candle. I KNOW that I poured the first layer of white wax a little too soon, hence the pink but since this was for us, it was ok! LOL

I am not sure how to wick this type of candle since it is a star shape and the top diameter is smaller than the bottom. This candle was burned for 5 1/2 hours, outside in the wind! Considering, I THINK that this is ok but what do you think?? Any and all inputs are appreciated!

BTW-No bugs bugged us that night! :yay:

Thanks for looking!

God Bless,

Lynn

post-2483-139458431625_thumb.jpg

post-2483-139458431625_thumb.jpg

post-2483-139458431628_thumb.jpg

post-2483-139458431628_thumb.jpg

post-2483-139458431629_thumb.jpg

I have yet to make a citronella candle this year. Pretty stupid wouldn't you say? I like the star shape and so far it looks like it is burning just fine. I never did a star with palm. So....the bugs stayed away....guess the candle is a success. Donita

Looks great! I can't help but wonder how long the sharp "spires" will become when you burn it again and again!

I love how the star burned!:yay:

I'm curious too. Would love to see a pic after a couple more burns to see what those spires do.

Never done palm or stars but if I did, I'd be happy with that melt pool.

Thank you everyone! I REALLY wasnt sure about this burn for this shape candle! For the most part, I am pleased and being a bug candle, I had to have the flame a bit larger to help work its magic! I normally would have wanted to trim it way before I did but between the wind and the bugs, well, what you see is the result!

After I burn it again, Ill get some more snapshots and post them! This is all a test in progress!!

Thanks for looking!!

Bug Free-Lynn :yay: