Nightly lit Carved Candles

OFCILynn

Here are a few pictures of some carved candles I did not too long ago. They are lit up with a little LED light on top to demonstrate the glows. I will be having the LED lights available for the candles as these really allow the candle to be used under any circumstances!

Thanks for looking and I appologize for the pictures not being the greatest!

God Bless,

Lynn

post-2483-139458431618_thumb.jpg

post-2483-139458431622_thumb.jpg

post-2483-139458431622_thumb.jpg

post-2483-139458431623_thumb.jpg

post-2483-139458431624_thumb.jpg

Hello and Thank YOU ALL for your sweet and wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed the Nightly view and this week I will be attempting to get better pictures. Those where just quick snapshots. I will also try to post some larger pictures for those that are having a hard time seeing. I agree, they all are pretty small pictures and Im sorry for that!

How much time is invested in making one?? We wont talk about research time!!

The cores have to be made and cured before using so that is usually done ahead of time or worst case senerio, the night before!

The cores have to be prepped to a outter shell softer state to allow the colors to adhear. That usually takes approximately 1 minute.

Each candle is dipped between 20-40 times depending on the design and can take anywhere from 4-8 minutes of dipping time.

Next comes the carving. Again, depending on the design, that can take between 4-6 minutes.

Glazing the candles after they have completely cooled and dried varies on time.

If any embellishments are added, that adds extra time varrying from 1-3 minutes!

The candles that are shown from start to finish took approximately 15 minutes to make after the cores were made. The longer time was due to adding all of the pearls. This time does not include glazing time which on average for these shown were approximately 45mins to 1 hour!

No, My website is not ready for orders yet. I am still searching for SOMEONE to assist me the the checkout /payment processes as Im having some problems!! After that is fixed, right now it then would just be a matter of taking all the new pictures, adding them to the site and taking down the other candles that have already sold!

If you see any that you like and would like to order, you can contact me here via a PM and we can go from there!

I will get bigger pictures up this week for you to see!

Thanks again so much for looking and your opinions!

God Bless,

Lynn

http://ofci.biz

Those pics take me back. I can remember going to Gatlinburg TN when I was young, maybe about 6 or 7, there use to be shops where you could watch them dip and carve candles. I remember thinking how neat that was and that I wanted to do it someday.

Not sure I'll ever be carving candles, not that talented, but I do make containers and tarts and that's good enough for me.

Those are very beautiful.