? about peaks pre blended wax

Why would you use the pre-blended votive wax AND the pre-blended pillar wax when you could do both votives and pillars with the pre blended pillar wax? Just don't understand why there is both, I know one has a higher MP, but shouldn't the throw be the same with the same 6-9% FO load? Is the MP on the pillar wax just to high for a votive? Right now I'm using my container wax (cbl 129) for my tarts, votives and tealights, but want to switch to Peaks container wax, so I need to find something else for the votives, tarts and tealights, but also want to do pillars.....hate the thought of having to have 3 waxes :sad2:

Well, I tried their pillar wax for votives, and to be honest, I did NOT like the way it burned in the votive holder. A 44z seemed way to small of a wick for a votive in that wax and I will not go up bigger than that in a votive.

The throw was GREAT in both the pillars and votives I made with the pillar wax, but I really don't like it for votives.

I know this didn't answer your question, but that's my opinion none the less.. lol

I had been wondering about this too. So...what you're saying is, the pillar blend can be used for votives but the votive blend would be a better choice - is that right?

Yes, the granulated format is really convenient - no more hammering!

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Although I haven't tried their votive blend yet, I'm sure it's nice. So far I've tried their pillar blend, the low mp straight paraffin (for carving) and the container blend. All have performed very well. :)

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Although I haven't tried their votive blend yet, I'm sure it's nice. So far I've tried their pillar blend, the low mp straight paraffin (for carving) and the container blend. All have performed very well. :)

Thanks, this helps. I had gotten their pillar blend (at that time their votive blend wasn't out yet) to play with, and came out with nice votives (I especially like its mold release which was much better than 4794) but in the long run I think I'll stick with a votive blend.

Why would you use the pre-blended votive wax AND the pre-blended pillar wax when you could do both votives and pillars with the pre blended pillar wax? Just don't understand why there is both, I know one has a higher MP, but shouldn't the throw be the same with the same 6-9% FO load? Is the MP on the pillar wax just to high for a votive? Right now I'm using my container wax (cbl 129) for my tarts, votives and tealights, but want to switch to Peaks container wax, so I need to find something else for the votives, tarts and tealights, but also want to do pillars.....hate the thought of having to have 3 waxes :sad2:

I use pillar wax for my votives and really like them,,,,they burn very well and the cold/hot throw is great,,I cant see just buying a wax for just votives when I get a kick butt votive with my pillar wax,,,;)

I use pillar wax for my votives and really like them,,,,they burn very well and the cold/hot throw is great,,I cant see just buying a wax for just votives when I get a kick butt votive with my pillar wax,,,;)

I agree. Most of my votives, from the pillar wax, use a LX-12. I don't consider that too large for a votive. As far as I'm concerned, the actual size of the wick shouldn't matter. If you're getting a proper burn, nice even normal size flame, no soot or hangup, holder doesn't get excessively hot and a great throw, it's a good votive ;)