Glass Glow

The way I cool my Glass Glow from candlescience is - when I start melting the wax I turn AC off. Just before pouring turn ceiling fan off. Then I pour and put on a dish drain turned upside down so the air can circulate around it. Candlescience says to use a cookie rack or something similar and I just preferred the dish drain because it was more sturdy. That is all I do once mine starts to cooling and the crystalize just fine. I do not turn air or fan back on until after it candle has cooled. hth

Here is what I do and I have never had a problem with the crystals. The only thing I have noticed is that in the larger straight sided containers the pattern does stop about 1/2 inch from the top. I think this is normal for the wax.

I heat my jars in the oven on 125 degrees then start melting my wax. I heat wax to 200 degrees, remove from heat and then add dye and fragrance.

Remove my jars from the oven and wick. Immediately pour wax slowly into container. I cool my containers on white shelving racks I purchased @ Lowes. I do not poke relief holes. Here are some pics of a few I made last week. I will be posting burn results later this week.

post-3991-13945843158_thumb.jpg

post-3991-1394584316_thumb.jpg

post-3991-139458431577_thumb.jpg

post-3991-139458431598_thumb.jpg

Am I the only one here that get air pockets and crooked wicks when it burns no matter how straight they are when they are cooling? :confused:

I'm with you on the air pockets!! I poke the heck out of them and repour. No crooked wicks, but I did notice that I couldn't burn it all the way down like soy...had to leave 1/4" cuz the wick came loose due to heat from the wick when it hit this point.:(

Here is what I do and I have never had a problem with the crystals. The only thing I have noticed is that in the larger straight sided containers the pattern does stop about 1/2 inch from the top. I think this is normal for the wax.

I heat my jars in the oven on 125 degrees then start melting my wax. I heat wax to 200 degrees, remove from heat and then add dye and fragrance.

Remove my jars from the oven and wick. Immediately pour wax slowly into container. I cool my containers on white shelving racks I purchased @ Lowes. I do not poke relief holes. Here are some pics of a few I made last week. I will be posting burn results later this week.

[ATTACH]12622[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]12623[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]12624[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]12625[/ATTACH]

The Palm wax that I have been testing (just like the Glass Glow) does this too -- about 1/2 before the top there is a slight line. I wondered about this too. It did this in too different types of jars. It must be its nature.

I heat my jars and pour into very warm jars and do not use a rack and the crystals turn out beautiful. I have to say that this type of wax is very gorgeous. Now, I need to choose the right jars, get the wicking down and find the right oils to throw well. I have a lot more testing ahead of me, that is for sure, for this additional line if it all goes well! :tongue2: :rolleyes2

I have heated them hotter and it does not make a difference. Different containers will react different ways with the wax, therefore the crystals will form differently. I prefer the GG over the frosted palm for two reasons: appearance and hot throw. But that is JMO.

I think you are probably right about your opinion and I respect it. I haven't tried it just yet but hope to soon. I do use the apothecary jars so that may make some difference?? I heated my jars to 140 on the advice of the folks at CS but that was with the frosted palm. So far I have an excellent hot throw with the frosted palm....certainly much better than with soy wax.

Mike