Soaper Ticked Off About Me

SueH

Well, I agree with a little competition ! The owner of the market place I have my shoppe at PUT a woman who sells the same thing as I do right across the aisle in front of me! :laugh2: the only thing she makes (supposedly) is her candles but not all of them. I MAKE EVERYTHING in my store, candles, incense, fragrance oils, body & message oils, bath & body, oh and my gift baskets. Actually my sales increase every week whether she is open or closed!

Do you sell your Mia Bella candles in your shop? They aren't handmade, are they?

I went to a craft fair last weekend and the candle selection sucked. One vendor had three tables and just had random candles set out on the tables, no displays or any kind of marketing materials, nothing to draw you into the booth. Another had Mia Bella candles. And another had the hexagon jars. Didn't even stop in there. Oh, and a guy was selling handmade hand creams, but his packaging was dirty. White bottle with dirty white labels which looked like they had definitely seen better days. Ewww.

I thrive on competition!!! And before you know it, the "competition" just isnt competition any longer! They will just be some dust in the wind.......

In the biggest show I do every year, there are 6 chandlers under ONE TENT. many 30 chandlers in the whole show!Sometimes we're accross the way from each other or catty corner or whatever but there are 6 of us and several vendor who sell candles along with their main product!

AND THIS IS A GOOD THING!:grin2: The show IS HUGE and if someone is going to try and make it as a candle maker, this is a reality check for them!

The show IS juried but compitition for a newbie IS good too! It even better when established chandlers are under the same tent! Done the show going on six years!

I really do my very best to get along with all the other chandlers in my tent. Actually we can have a blast and have fun and help each other out! I've sent many customers to other chandler when I don't have what they want but others DO! They do the same for me! We band together and we all win, unless a newbie decides to be snooty. That can be a bummer but it's their choice! We have some great candle makers where I live and we've learn to respect each other and to try to have fun!

Fire

Fire, I really like those well done juried shows. Promotors who can tell the difference between offering a variety,, and oversaturing the show with a product are sometimes hard to find. The shows are usually a bit more expensive, but definately have been well worth the investment for me.

I vend at 2 shows a year, that have over 900 vendors, you'll usually find about 35- 40 booth of candles in that size show. Most of us return every year, because of the large crowd that attends the show, and the big sales.:yay: :yay: