How Do These Numbers Look?

thesoapbox

Ok, I am going to make a soap using what I currently have on hand to see how it goes with those ingredients, this is what I got after typing it all in to soapcalc, what do yall think? I'm not too savy on what some of the numbers mean like Iodine and INS and for some dumb reason low cleansing bothers me but I know that the higher it is the more drying, I just automatically think that if it is low then the people will still smell bad when they leave the shower because it isn't cleaning enough :grin2:

Hardness - 42

Cleansing - 17

Condition - 50

Bubbly - 22

Creamy - 29

Iodine - 60

INS - 153

Angi

The cleansing

looks fine to me. you will be getting more of a creamy lather than bubbly, but that's typically the case with non-drying bars (there are exceptions). Remember, tho, that the numbers are not solid - so give it a try and see what you get!

Thanks bunches! I will be doing this one tomorrow. Don't laugh but I don't really have a good mold but while I was in Florida I went to the local Walgreen's and found these really cool long wooden cases that held dominos. So I bought 2 of em ($10 a piece) and gave the kids the dominos to play with. Now these are going to make small bars but I can make them thick :)! Now to figure out how to line em good with wax paper lol!

Angi

honey I used shoe box lids for small slab molds, and the ends of the big flat flat-rate boxes for log molds. Wax paper isn't a good choice tho - it kinda melts. Go to the grocery store and in the same area, on the bottom shelf, you will find freezer paper. Use that (shiny side toward the soap, matte side toward the mold). Wooden is much better though because the wood holds the heat to help ensure an even gel.

I think Eugenia has probably posted a mold-lining tutorial some time - search for that.

YOU GO GIRL!!!

I got freezer paper :)! I call wax paper that too rofl, I think back from the old days where that is what my grandmother called freezer paper, it was wax paper for all of it :)! But I had to check to be sure I did have the actual freezer paper and I sure do! Now off to search for the lining instructions to see if I know what I am doing. How I hate searches, I end up forgetting what I am looking for by the second page of searching cause of all the other interesting things I find:laugh2:

Angi