Shipping candles in summer months?

Holly

How many of you ship your candles in the summer months? Especially soy users or those who use a very soft blend. I notice a lot of candle sites are offering shipping all the time. What do they do during the very hot times? I would hate for my candles to arrive melted and ugly. :confused:

I have been concerned about this also. I also see sites that stop shipping during the hottest summer months. Sometimes the products sit in hot trucks all day until they reach their destination. Recently when my wax order arrived it had spots that were melted. The wax was very soft and I could pull it apart with my hands. Made it nice for using but I wonder if candles made with it would probably arrive in the same condition.

I ship all year, but only give my customer the option of priority during summer months then go back and add parcel post starting in the fall. I use alot of newspaper for packing too..and use less bubble wrap as I believe that tends to keep more heat in the box. IMO:grin2: Ship on Mondays for sure too!