Got Me a Crockpot!

thesoapbox

:yay:

My husband and I were shopping today and he asked what I wanted since it's my birthday and I said how about a crockpot and he is like what for (cause we have one already) and I am like well I just need a crockpot but it's not gonna be for cooking rofl! He rolled his eyes and bought it for me lol. Soaping is a sore subject with him because he feels it is such a waste of time. Even when I show him orders that I get he still feels it is a waste of time :). At least I got my crockpot and now I can start cphp woohoo!

Angi

:yay:good for you! I think my crock pot has to be up there in the top 5 of by best investments for equipment. I've made gallons of LS as well as hp with it and I was just telling my daughter I needed to buy two more because I don't care for the double boiler method of making LS and I should be able to handle at least three going simultaneously! :laugh2: :laugh2: Have fun with you crock pot:grin2:

I have never tried the crockpot method for Liquid Soap. I use the double boiler method and I haven't made any LS this summer because it is SO hot here and I can't stand the thought of the stove going for 3 hours. I really liked the way my LS turned out in the double boiler, is there a difference in how the soap turns out using the crockpot method vs double boiler? I really want to make LS but I was thinking I would have to wait until the fall!

Also, what size crockpot did you get and how much LS does it make?

Hey, congrats on the crockpot!!! You should have seen my husband's face when I bought the KitchenAid. :confused: "You didn't buy this for food, did you?" LOL He knows me oh too well! :whistle: Have fun making that CPHP!! I am hoping to try some in the next few days as well.

My crockpot is not very big as I am only making small batches right now. It is a 4 quart one. I have never done the boiler method so I am not sure what the differences are.

Of course I had everything ready to go to soap early when I realized that I did NOT have a scale omg lol! So, I conned my husband into running to wal-mart with me under the pretense of purchasing some binders (I am one of the VPs for our school PTA this year and need them) and in the process I threw a kitchen scale worth $50 in the buggy rofl! Then I piled on the school uniforms for the two boys so he had no clue the scale was there, God love him:laugh2: !

So, tomorrow I plan on soaping my new Lime Crystal Kisses fo :drool: that I got from FOH that I absolutely love and I hope it comes out great!

Oh and of course I had to throw in the movie 300 since it came out today and there is nothing like a movie full of half-naked gorgeous men running around!! I made my husband take me to the theater for that one rofl.

Angi

I have never tried the crockpot method for Liquid Soap. I use the double boiler method and I haven't made any LS this summer because it is SO hot here and I can't stand the thought of the stove going for 3 hours. I really liked the way my LS turned out in the double boiler, is there a difference in how the soap turns out using the crockpot method vs double boiler? I really want to make LS but I was thinking I would have to wait until the fall!

Also, what size crockpot did you get and how much LS does it make?

I've never used the db method so I don't really know...I should have said that I didn't think I would like the db method and so I've always made in with the crock. I believe my crock is 6 quarts and I can make a gallon and 32.oz with it. I dilute on direct heat. I don't see any reason why there would be a difference in the soap if you used a crock pot.

• 1 month later...