Look what my DD made!

Meridith

My DD wanted to come hang with me in my shop yesterday so we made soap together. This is her first batch so of course, I have to post it. I figure I might as well post some others I made this weekend with my DD's.

1. This is DD's 1st soap. It is scented with TCS' Faerie Morning Glory and SNCs Ozark Forest. I am so proud of how well she did. I just told her what and how much to weigh and made sure she did it correctly. She chose her scents and colors. I think I may have a natural soaper! Makes my heart proud.

2. Salt Bar scented with Southern Soapers' Sea Air Sandalwood.

3. This is one I made that is scented with Tony's Eucalyptus (Green) and TCS' Desert Sage (Blue). I think this one looks like it is a night sky with a moon.

4. This is the other side of #3. No two sides look alike.

5. Clear cowboy soap using Peaks Eucalyptus and clear MP and and with pieces of the eucalyptus sage and African Black soap in it.

6. Clear MP soap in my Resting Woman mold and with pieces of the ES soap in it and scented with Peaks' Eucalyptus.

7. More of the Eucalyptus & Sage. I forgot to add the fresh peppermint leaves and fresh sage I got from a friends garden. I hate when I forget stuff I wanted to add to my soap. At least it wasn't a forgotten oil or butter.

post-121-139458431531_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458431534_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458431536_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458431539_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458431541_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458431544_thumb.jpg

post-121-139458431546_thumb.jpg

DD is only 13 and is my youngest. She still loves to hang with Mom and Dad but has never shown much interest in my business and goodness knows I've tried. I have no idea what got into her yesterday but I think she may now be hooked. She took one piece of her soap to show her friends. She is so proud. I wanted to take a picture with her and her soap but she wasn't having any part of that. lol I am so hopeful I will have a new soaping buddy. :grin2: I pretty gave up on DH in that area - he'll make soap with me but I know he would rather not. It is a great tool to passive aggressively get back at him when he's torked me off. lol

:yay:Wonderful! I knew with correct supervision a 12-13 year old could make soap!. I'm wondering when my nephew who is 13 now will find time away from the girls :rolleyes2 to make soap with me...uhh probably won't happen until winter..lol and my daughters are beaders and have no interest in making anything non bead related. Your daughter did a great job and tell her to pose proudly with her soap:grin2: I love those colors and I know they smell prettyful.

Another bunch of beautiful soaps, your daughters soap is great. I really like the colours she used & the tilted layers, but my favourite is the woman,I have so many friends who would just love it too.

Sally.

Thank you. I was so proud of my baby. I stayed very close to her to make sure all was O.K. She is actually a very mature kid and has a very wise demeanor about her like an old person if you KWIM? She's not at all like my other DD who is kind of like the party queen. Little Miss Social. lol This one is very quiet in a very mellow way, bookwormish, and prefers the company of animals over most people (smart kid huh?).

I knew she could handle it and she was interested. I had my enthusiastic student. LOL I did my fair share of stirring since her arms got tired. She whined quite a bit about how much her arms hurt. I just laughed at her and jokingly told her to toughen up but of course, Mom had to step in and give her a break. lol

I too just love the Resting Woman mold. Sadly, it is has a crack and might not have many batches left in it. Next time, I will buy more than the 1. It is my favorite mold of that type.

Your daughter did a wonderful job- her soaps are so colorful! I also really like #3- very pretty:)

Shannon stole my thought LOL! It's great that your daughter got interested. I've gotten mine to swirl but that's it. She's 11 so she has time.

She has learned how to polish soap after I bevel and she makes soap balls.

Seriously, she loves to give my stuff away to teachers, counselers, people like that. What can be better than saying can I make a gift bag for so and so and shopping for free in the basement? At those times, she does appreciate my hobby.

:laugh2:

e

Shannon stole my thought LOL! It's great that your daughter got interested. I've gotten mine to swirl but that's it. She's 11 so she has time.

She has learned how to polish soap after I bevel and she makes soap balls.

Seriously, she loves to give my stuff away to teachers, counselers, people like that. What can be better than saying can I make a gift bag for so and so and shopping for free in the basement? At those times, she does appreciate my hobby.

:laugh2:

e

I hope your DS will get into soaping so you gals can enjoy it together. It's obvious she is proud of you and your products as you are of her - and both for good reason. That is really cool. :cool: Kids need and I think want positive role models from their parents. They really do look up to us so to be able to share a hobby/pasttime/job with your child I think is so beneficial in so many ways.

I'm not sure if my DD will make soap again but I am very hopeful. No matter what, I will always have my one memory of our soaping together.