Crazy Carrots & Honey

jaybyrd

Named in honor of the grocery clerk's reaction when I bought the baby food. Organic carrot puree & borage flower honey, scented with sweet orange eo & a dash of yuzu fo. The freckles are from a tsp of salt I added in hopes of making it a bit harder; don't know if it worked but at least it adds a little visual texture. I really wish I could post how this smells - nothing is identifiable on its own, but everything softened & blended into this wonderful, comforting, warm fragrance. Every time I go to turn the bars I have to hold one and inhale for a few minutes. Can't wait to try one in the shower - have to wait until late August, wah!

post-7813-139458431519_thumb.jpg

Nice golden bars there. OK what's the point of carrots?

You've got me wishing I had scratch and sniff to take a whiff of these too.

Carrot oil has all kinds of goodies like vitamin A & Beta-carotene that keep your skin supple. You likely get max benefits using the pure oil in a lotion or some such medium, but I figure the puree should make a nice, gentle soap, too. Also, as you say, it's worth it for the coloring factor alone. :)

Here's a brief info article: http://www.articleinsert.com/Article/Benefits-Of-Carrot--Carrot-Seed-Oil-And-Carrot-Root-Oil/3759

Carrot oil has all kinds of goodies like vitamin A & Beta-carotene that keep your skin supple. You likely get max benefits using the pure oil in a lotion or some such medium, but I figure the puree should make a nice, gentle soap, too. Also, as you say, it's worth it for the coloring factor alone. :)

I think the addition of the pureed carrots adds great label appeal as well IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words, ladies, it really means a lot to me.:awww:

Yesterday was 4 wks, & I just tried it out in the shower - feels great, lathers well, scent has faded a wee bit but still pleasant. Definitely a keeper, though I think my cucumber soap still feels best of all my "food" recipes.

G'ma, I haven't experimented with micas yet, so I'm speaking without any personal experience, but maybe swirling at fairly thick trace would keep it from migrating? It's a cool idea - anyone else who actually knows what they're talking about? :confused:

I LOVE the color!!! Very nice soap. I am going to try pumpkin soon. I have some pumpkins in my garden and plan on trying this :yay: . I am going to add some spices, like cinnamon, nutmet, just like a pumpkin pie. :grin2:

Oo, yum, that should be nice! I'll be interested to see how the color varies. Wonder how much difference there would be between fresh vs canned vs baby food, if any . . .