Wholesale & Fund Raisers

I have done some wholesale orders but I don't see where it is worth it. It just takes so much time for these orders for the very little proffit I make. If I could do this faster or order in much larger quanity than I do now I might would try this more. I usually don't have what they want or enough ready made in stock and have to make it.

Does anyone else feel Wholesale orders take to much time for the very little $money$ you make?

The only thing good I can say for myself is that wholesale orders do get my products out to more areas and helps with advertising but man it's so time consuming.

Candle Man

I like to look at the big picture...and down the road. Sure, it's a BIG order, a lot of work for less money. But the way I see it, I might never sell that much stuff on my own at regular retail prices. So I'll actually be making more money in the end.

Also, because of large wholesale orders, many times you're able to order in larger bulk to get better discounts on items, therefore cutting your costs.

It's also nice to know EXACTLY what and how much to make. Going to craft fairs, you have no idea. You have to guess how much of what to bring, so you make a ton of product that might not sell. JMO