Developing website for candle business...

Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences in dealing with 3rd party services that other the ability to build yoru own website through there templates, etc.?

I know godaddy.com offers it as well as hosting services.

Anyone been through them or others? I want to put together a website however want to make sure I select a decent one upfront. I can get a URL plus hosting for around $4.50 a month for a year.

let me know -

My personal experience is don't try to build your own through Go Daddy - it's a very complicated template system they have - it pretty much sucks. Lots of peep here have used other venues and I'm sure you will find something that works for you :)

My personal experience is don't try to build your own through Go Daddy - it's a very complicated template system they have - it pretty much sucks. Lots of peep here have used other venues and I'm sure you will find something that works for you :)

I'll second that with the Go Daddy thing. HUGE dissapointment. It is not user friendly in my opinion. I had no idea what I was getting into with that package. I'm no computer whiz for sure, but even my friend that designs websites couldn't figure out their set up. And I didn't have all the options that I was expecting. I'm sure others have had better luck, but with my lack of experience it was a total loss.

I'll second that with the Go Daddy thing. HUGE dissapointment. It is not user friendly in my opinion. I had no idea what I was getting into with that package. I'm no computer whiz for sure, but even my friend that designs websites couldn't figure out their set up. And I didn't have all the options that I was expecting. I'm sure others have had better luck, but with my lack of experience it was a total loss.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one, then. Then I hired someone to build a site for me (which also didn't work out), and when he looked at the Go Daddy template he also said it was the worst one he'd ever seen. And he builds sites for a living. So at least I'm not crazy lol.

Candles,

I am a web designer and I use the following hosting providers with my clients. Their monthly prices cannot be beat for what they offer. They have several designers (myself included):grin2: that create templates to work within their stores. HTH

www.WahmShoppes.com

www.Merchantmoms.com

Bobbie

www.ShoogieDesignz.com

Designer Websites, Boutiques & More...

I did my own with godaddy. Of course, I knew nothing when I started so had no idea it was hard to work with. I may not know what I am doing but I am persistent. I do not have a shopping cart since my website is really for my local customers but that is my next goal. Ignorance sometimes is a blessing.:D :D

I was with GoDaddy for 4 years, then they reformated their whatever and that was it, I had no idea what the heck I was doing and I have medium/average HTML knowledge and still was in the dark.

If you want an easy do it yourself site where there is alot of tech service go to wham shoppes

I am a windows and web developer, and I use godaddy for my domain names and web hosting. As a developer that designs an entire dynamic site from scratch, I really like godaddy's plain web hosting packages. You get a lot of bang for your (inexpensive) buck. But I would say that their niche is more of a straight domain name/web hosting one, rather than a template-based site builder one.

I do use mal's for my shopping carts sometimes, if I don't need to take credit card info on the site. (i.e. just using paypal for payments)

That being said- I haven't tried any of their template building software. I'm not crazy about template building software in general, since I always end up wanting to do things that the template can't do. :angry2:

Go to www.gooseberryjunction.com

My webhosting starts out at 50 MB for $1.50 per month and go up!

Which is a good amount of space for a starter, but I do web site design also!

but it will be cheaper to get your domain name at godaddy.com at $8.95 per year! That is the best price!

My email addy: gooseberry@mail.com if you need to ask questions!