First Test

Well last nite I used my new presto pot and tryed my hand at 3 6.5 oz. candles. This I did this with soy Nature wax c-3. It melted very fast on warm I added the scent and dye block.

Before that I wicked each one also.

Then waited till cooling temperature and poured. One of the wicks came unglued and was floating(LOL) the other two are fine. I already decided I don't care for the wick bars, to me they are a pain in the butt. So ordered some different ones.

My presto pot leaked, so my hubby has some adjusting to do.

So far color and scent seem fine. Just waiting until the test burn have 12 hours to go!!

So far so good. We will see the scent throw soon.

:yay:

What did you use to stick your wicks? I had a lot of problems with glue dots, so I switched to wick stickers and they are great...they only come up when the flame hits the bottom of the glass and there is only 1/8" of melted wax left. I burn my testers all the way to the bottom cuz I know my customers will!

We use the same 12 jars of each size over and over to test. That way we're not compromising a jar that a customer would get. Isn't it all fun!! Testing is the only sucky part of this and most days, I don't mind it.

When testing, do you all have small specific jars you use just for testing? Or do you fill up a whole 8 to 16oz and light it to determine throw, wick problems, etc?

I love it!!!! Waiting is the hard part!!

No frosting, no bubbling etc. I use glue dots.

What are wick stickers?

The jars I used came in my kit 6.5 oz. Its so funny the person where I worked, who helped me with my presto pot also, keeps asking me for a candle. I am going to have him test it out. Also, a client of mine at work wants to order a case of the small ones. But I told her I have to test more and once I am done I will let her know.

I know I am addicted already. . I love candles!! I have been selling them for about 7 years but for other companies!!

:yay: Can't wait to burn it!!

I love it!!!! Waiting is the hard part!!

No frosting, no bubbling etc. I use glue dots.

What are wick stickers?

The jars I used came in my kit 6.5 oz. Its so funny the person where I worked, who helped me with my presto pot also, keeps asking me for a candle. I am going to have him test it out. Also, a client of mine at work wants to order a case of the small ones. But I told her I have to test more and once I am done I will let her know.

I know I am addicted already. . I love candles!! I have been selling them for about 7 years but for other companies!!

:yay: Can't wait to burn it!!

Yeah, you're addicted! That week of curing palm about kills me! Wick stickers are foam type dots with glue on both sides. They sell them on a lot of the supplier sites.