Curing soap bricks

Yes, I mean curing as uncut logs.

So, I would want to superfat less? If I understand correctly, more lye would leave less extra oil so the bar would be harder. But would that aid in letting more water escape? (actually i'm using 100% gm)

I like the idea of letting people cut the size that they want from the bar...

I've started doing logs this year for Market, and it's working out great. I tested my main recipe - left a log uncut for 4 months, and it was easy to cut. I can put out a log at 3 weeks, and tell the customer that when they cut a bar, they should leave it out for 3 days because the interior is a bit softer. They love it! And they get a good deal, it's 25% aff my normal price.

There's a gal at our market who does the same, but that's the only way she does it and it's all HP. She charges $5 and inch (about 4 oz).

I've thought about it but my issue is the coloring. Since some fragrances darken over time and with the cure it would look wierd I think when they were cut. Especially dragon's blood. I've cut into BARS that were at least 6 weeks out and they were still very light in the center. And even some of my colorants are different after the cure too. But I guess once the customer got used to it it wouldn't matter.

Bethany

I sell the whole bar. It's actually half of my standard - 9 inches long. I don't have time to cut to order, nor the space. When I make a full log I keep half of it uncut. If it doesn't move after awhile and I need the individual bars I'll cut it up and package it normally.