When did J50 get discontinued?

I have not been focusing on my candle business because we had our house on the market and sold it. Then, I focused on the new house. So needless to say, I did not know that J50 was being discontinued. Also can anyone tell me how it compares to J223 which I will now have to test.

Thanks,

T

PS. It's good to be back

I was a Tri-State last week, and had to get a slab of J50, because where I get my wax, was on vacation. I don't normally buy J50, but used to use it when I first started out. I didn't know it was discontinued either.

I haven't used the 223, so I am no help.

It is not discontinued, if you look at BCS' website:

Astor J50 (now IGI 4636)

Renamed since Astorlite was taken over by IGI.

Maybe it is just discontinued at WSP where I get my wax from due to no shipping.... I would hate to have to pay to have it shipped. I will test J223

Thanks for the help.

T

I was a Tri-State last week, and had to get a slab of J50, because where I get my wax, was on vacation. I don't normally buy J50, but used to use it when I first started out. I didn't know it was discontinued either.

I haven't used the 223, so I am no help.

Where is Tri-State located?

T

I have been using J223 for a few years and it's getting to be a PITA. Mine had lots of moisture in it, texture seem different sometimes and I wasn't getting the good scent throw I use to on some candles. My supplier(in Texas) is phasing out IGI wax so I bought 3 cases of "their" brand wax which they compared to J50. I did a sample run and really liked it. Ginger

Thats what I don't like about the J waxes. They are inconsistant and differ from batch to batch. I first started using the J223, then switched to J50 cause it threw better and had less wet spots. Now the J223 is working better for me. I still love the hot and cold throw of this wax.

Word of caution-- worst batch of wax I bought came from Tri-State. Their J waxes actually frosted on me and had wet spots all over. Yeesh! I now order from a different supplier.