Supplier Question in Illinois

I'm new in this area however have been doing alot of research and found this forum to have a wealth of knowledge and information! Thanks to all...

I am researching the suppliers in my area as I am in the process to start the candle making. I found BCN (Bitter Creek North) in WI to have a nice starter kit for EZ SOY Containers so I went with them.

In the future to try and save shipping costs I found a warehouse facility that has EcoSoya CB-Advanced Soy Candle Wax and it is only 10 miles down the road from me in Plainfield, IL. (Kangaroo Blue.com) I'm not sure how reputable they are so I wanted to know if there are specific questions I can ask them to find out how well the soy wax is they are selling. Or should I not worry about it?

http://www.kangarooblue.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98&products_id=297

Since I am just starting, is there any significant differences between EZ SOY and EcoSoya CB candle wax? The reason I ask is I called my local supplier and the EcoSoya CB is the only soy wax they carry.

It would be great if I could use them for the soy wax in the near future to save on shippin costs!

Thoughts?

Welcome from another IL candle maker! I haven't ordered from Kangaroo Blue, but mostly because I thought they were primarily B&B, have heard good things though. There's DPSwax in New Lenox and NuScents in McHenry. BCN has good shipping rates, but if you find a place you can pick up your wax, it's usually the better choice. NuScents charges a $5 handling fee if you have your order shipped, so I always pick up. Indiana Candle Supply and Mill Creek are both in IN, so shipping won't be bad from there either.

Where in IL are you? I lived in Plainfield a few years, am now farther north.

Hi from another Illinoian!! I have shopped from Nu-scents and they are great. I have not done business with Kangaroo blue but I know people that have and I have not heard anything bad about them.. I use GB444 Soy blend and I get that in Dupo Illinois, about 45 minutes south of me at Gateway Foods. For me I love BCN and I actually shop all over,,,

Just wanted to say HI:wave:

ok thanks for the input.. I live in Naperville, IL.

I also heard there are two types of Advanced soy. One that is with 100% soybeans with botonical oils and one that is 100% pure soy without any botonical oils.

Any preferences for a beginner for a container blend?

ok thanks for the input.. I live in Naperville, IL.

I also heard there are two types of Advanced soy. One that is with 100% soybeans with botonical oils and one that is 100% pure soy without any botonical oils.

Any preferences for a beginner for a container blend?

You are only 19 miles from DPS, no question, I would go there. Plus they are having a sale until the 26th.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Candelishis

Hey, I'm from IL too! Nice to see all you fellow flatlanders. I am way down in southern IL, about an hour from St Louis actually, just across the river, and there are hardly any suppliers around here. I found a wax supplier in Dupo but even that is kinda far away. Their shipping is cheap though.

Guest Candelishis
I'm an hour from St. Louis on the Missouri side. I know there is Morris wax in Springfield, MO. He makes deliveries and/or meets customers along his route. May want to give them a holler! I think they are now affiliated with DPS also. HTH

http://www.morriswax.com

Oooh. That helps! I am in St Louis a lot for my "real job", I could probably meet up with him somewhere between S'field and STL..thanks a bunch!

• 8 months later...

Hello fellow Illinois friends! I am from Farmington, Il, close to Peoria, IL. I was wanting to purchase from DP morris, kangaroo blue or nuscents but I don't know which wax to order since I always buy from BCN the EZ soy wax. I don't know what other wax is like EZ soy. Nuscents, and the others have theirs under different names. If anyone knows what compares to EZ soy, could you let me know please. I would like to get my shipping cost down. Deb

Thanks Regina. I was thinking of trying their CB pure soy. I have had advanced in the past and the scent throw is not as strong for me. I think the CB 135 may be the same as EZ Soy or the CB pure soy. I think they have samples I can buy and try. I will check them out. They also have other things on there that I was not aware of. Glad to meet you. Too bad we were not all close enough to order and cut down on the shipping.

Another person from IL. here.

Kangaroo Blue has great CS and a wonderful place to order from. I also get my wax from DPS, took advantage of the sale since wax will be going up. One place that hasn't been mentioned is Oak Court Creations. Is it Minooka that they are in? (I don't remember) You can't pick up your order but to make up for it she will come out and deliver. Last time I checked it was free over a certain amount like $25.00.

Karen B

Just had to chime in from another flatlander! I'm way up north on Lake Michigan close to the WI border. I've used all of these suppliers at one time or another. I've recently had some minor "issues" with NuScents but I'd still buy from them. I've been very pleased with DPS, especially with their sales. Kitty & Kerry at KB are fabulous! Kitty is organizing the ISOCAN thing. Still undecided if I can attend, but I'd sure like to.

Every now & then I ponder the idea of opening a candle supply store since there isn't much around here. A girl can dream...

BTW, I've given up trying to use soy and I've got some EcoSoya 135 and a smaller amt. (maybe 5 lbs.) of CB Adv. to get rid of CHEAP. PM me if interested :smiley2: