wax dipped toilet paper

First, let me say that I did not and do not make these (but am considering them). This is a picture I took while at a candle convention. I had never heard of it until I saw this. I think it is absolutely beautiful. :tiptoe:

Dawn

That's hideous, something along the lines of crochet toiled paper holders. Same as those dipped roses. I don't get it. I see NG is carrying those fuglies now. Aroma buds, yuck. Tasteless and not JMO.

I've never understood this whole dipped in wax craze but the dipped toilet paper just takes the cake. I think it is the epitome of tacky and is just another dust collector. And the more crap you stick on them to "pretty" them up just does not help in any way. It makes it worse - IMO .

I think I might find these neat if I ever start to wear satin bowling jackets, cut my hair in a 80's female version of the mullet and most of my teeth rot out of my head.

To each his own.

Let me say, I have never made these but I am considering doing them just because, we own a Portable Toilet business. We have over 500 units plus the fancy restroom trailers. I think they would be great for scenting our fancy units. We would have to put not to use to ripe your butt.:laugh2: But it would be great to scent these restrooms. Would I have it in my house? NO. But for our business I think it would be novel & I think the people would like it also. IMO

That's hideous, something along the lines of crochet toiled paper holders. Same as those dipped roses. I don't get it. I see NG is carrying those fuglies now. Aroma buds, yuck. Tasteless and not JMO.

My sentiments, exactly :yay:

Also right up there with those crocheted/knitted hats made out of the sides of aluminum beer and soda cans, from the 70's??? Ack!

My sentiments, exactly :yay:

Also right up there with those crocheted/knitted hats made out of the sides of aluminum beer and soda cans, from the 70's??? Ack!

or those handbags made from used Kool-Aide drink pouches...sold like crazy and smelled horrible....They also had ones that were woven I guess to give them the "classier" look.:rolleyes2 LOL

I can understand the concept of people looking for something that will scent for a long time and TP being absorbent and holding a ton of wax but......welllllllll.....uuuuuummmmmm......no...Tho I must say here in the sticks that would sell......:lipsrseal

I usually package mine with shrink wrap bags, but don't shrink them. Tie with ribbon and hang tag. I have all the don'ts on one side.

I don't use them as "gag gifts" (no pun intended). I have had a great response with these! They are just a bathroom air freshener. They shouldn't gather anymore dust then the dipped bears. I have some pretties in my bathroom that I have to dust or clean on a weekly basis, so dusting one more thing is no big deal. I know alot of people that have decorative soaps or silk flowers in their bathrooms, and they have to be dusted on a regular basis as well.

As long as they sell for me, I will continue to make them. :P

So last night i tried it, and guess what it was easier then making a candle i used mango fo and its smells real good. I am not done yet i need little orange flowers i will post a pic as soon as im finished. thank you everyone you gave me the ideal i like it especially for the bathroom.

I think I can say with confidence, that in my area, an item like that would not sell, and I would be laughed at, possibly pointed at too. Definatly would not include something like that in a show jury photo, I'd be black-balled for life! More power to ya if it's working, people will buy anything, I guess. But damn, that is tacky, on so many levels, i just don't have the words.

edited to say I don't intend any meanness, it's just my opinion

People shouldn't worry about what others think as long as your making the money who cares what you sell!?! Alot of people make money selling stupid things but if there is a market for it sell it!!! Just my opinion! I have seen lately, people dipping rolled up wash cloths! Heck, they even make a silicone mold for that! That's supid but if it sells...yeah, I will sell it! That's the whole point of running a business is making money, isn't it? Sometimes we have to do stupid things to get established.

Kimmeroo

I don't mind the wax dipped TP, to each their own, I guess. What I do mind is how some people decorate them. What's up with putting, basically a flower bush, on em? Are those dipped too? Cuz I would think when you add all the "extra stuff" it would start to cover up the scent and not produce a strong enuf whiff. Just my opinion.

People shouldn't worry about what others think as long as your making the money who cares what you sell!?! Alot of people make money selling stupid things but if there is a market for it sell it!!! Just my opinion! I have seen lately, people dipping rolled up wash cloths! Heck, they even make a silicone mold for that! That's supid but if it sells...yeah, I will sell it! That's the whole point of running a business is making money, isn't it? Sometimes we have to do stupid things to get established.

Kimmeroo

I can see your point, but in my opinion, if you start selling tacky stuff, people won't take you seriously when you sell anything else. I honestly for the life of me can't see myself dipping toilet paper and selling it. It would likely go over well here, but if it is something I couldn't bear to have in my house, it certainly won't go in my shop.

I have a friend who sells them. Showed her the exact same picture from this thread sometime last year. (That pic has been around some!)

Anyway, she created some very pretty scented wax dipped tp arrangements for bathrooms. I was floored when I saw what she created. Very beautifully adorned fragrant creations cleverly wrapped that sell like hotcakes.

OK- now I'm curious about this. I was thinking of adding a little something, for my show in Nov (have alot of elderly folks around here) The bears seem to be too big of a PITA to do.

Are these really that easy? Any particular type of TP? What wax do you use?

I'd like to make a few, just to see.

I started making waxed dipped toilet a while back... They are selling very well up north in one of my seasonal booths, and so far have sold almost 70 of them,, since the end of May(memorial weekend). If I knew how to take a pic and post. I would, as there are some very lovely creations made with ribbons, flowers and bathroom themed sea shells.. and truely there is nothing tacky about them. They are well made, and will probably be my secret weapon this Christmas for holiday sales. I sell mine for $12.95 each... which includes the plate, decorated with potpourri and the dipped roll.

When customers find out what they are,, they are amazed and think they're darling.

My most popular fragrances are Northern Pine, Floral, Baby Powder and Cinaberry, Lilac and Vanilla. I've also started making a few waxed paper towels,, for the kitchen.