wax dipped toilet paper

here is a post I copied from the search....

Okay here is my wax dipped TP I made for a girl at work. It's scented with Wildflower fo. It smells great, scents my medium sized kitchen and then some. I still can't get it as smooth as I want it. I think I'm going to have to find a pot tall enough for the whole thing to sit down in and the wax completely cover it.

tproll2.jpg

I stick some oasis in the TP hoe and make a flower arrangement and use wide sheer ribbon around the middle to match.HTH Kimmeroo

I get 10 bucks for something that may only cost....hmmm..2 bucks! i can handle that!!! Alot of people LOVE them because it is different! And people around here compete againsteach other soooo...dipped TP is great for my business!!:yay:

When wax dipped teddy bears first became popular, I said to myself, "why in the world would you dip a perfectly good teddy bear in wax?" Now, with the advent of wax-dipped toilet paper, I'm asking myself the same type of question.

I suppose you can make a buck or two, or even eight or ten, but I just don't get it. This concept eludes me! Is it because they're pretty? works of art? smell good? I'm stumped.

No disrespect to those who do make these items - I'm just ill informed.

When wax dipped teddy bears first became popular, I said to myself, "why in the world would you dip a perfectly good teddy bear in wax?" Now, with the advent of wax-dipped toilet paper, I'm asking myself the same type of question.

I suppose you can make a buck or two, or even eight or ten, but I just don't get it. This concept eludes me! Is it because they're pretty? works of art? smell good? I'm stumped.

No disrespect to those who do make these items - I'm just ill informed.

You know I am with you on this one. I don't get it either. I assume it's because they smell good.. and the concept is akin to the waxed teddy bears. But even as much as I think this is stupid and would never put one in my bathroom, I know in my heart that I could sell the HELL out of them around here.

People buy aprons made out of size 3 and 4X mens tighty whitey undies (with sports ribbon sewn around the edges and giant ric-rac sewn on them) U-G-L-Y but people go NUTSO over that kind of crap. I watched a lady last Christmas sell over 150 of those aprons at $15 each and two ladies actually fought over the last one. I could not believe my eyes. They were hideous!!

So..... Yeah, I'm seriously considering dipping this stuff.. I can barely believe I just typed that. I shouldn't do it on principal alone.. but I just KNOW they will sell! :laugh2:

People buy aprons made out of size 3 and 4X mens tighty whitey undies (with sports ribbon sewn around the edges and giant ric-rac sewn on them) U-G-L-Y but people go NUTSO over that kind of crap. I watched a lady last Christmas sell over 150 of those aprons at $15 each and two ladies actually fought over the last one. I could not believe my eyes. They were hideous!!

OMG I wish I could see a pic of these things. I think a lot of it is where you live. I don't think wax dipped TP would sell well in Chicago., but who knows.

LOL, OK, I will do whatever needs to be done to find one of these aprons and take a picture of it. You guys will laugh. She made the apron strings with ribbon that had different sports teams on it. People were buying them for the "hard to buy for" men on their lists I guess.. they were just hideous, but the lady laughed all the way to the bank without a doubt! I searched the net, but apparently they are a novel item LOL.

Ok, I rolled my eyes at first, but they sure look pretty.

Michael, it's just one of those odd 'chick' things. Even we don't understand it. But no matter what the item, to be able to call one of your friends or family members and to have found the "it" item of the week, and be the talk of the town...because you just know everyone will roll their eyes but just insist on seeing them...well, it's what chicks live for.

They are 'conversation piece' to be sure.

...and I bet they will sell like crazy. Like that old commercial, "and they told two ppl and so on, and so on"...every chick on the chick circuit will want one.

Top will be happy that the bears have reprieve! Or he'll start P.E.T.T.P.!! LOL

I am glad that I read about this here because if someone would have given me one of these wax dipped TP I would have thought it had to be a gag gift. I am glad you all are selling these but for the life of me I don't get it. I really would never purchase something like that but I think it is great that someone took the chance and they actually sell. You never know what people will like!

IMO, this is on the same level, tacky, ugly, and just plain stupid, as Tom Cruise and Suri's first poop.

And before people get in a snit, I DID say IMO. I've got enough scented wax splatters on the counter where I pour. I sure don't need a dirt-collecting glob of it sitting in the shitter. I would be embarrassed to offer it for sale.

What's next? Scented wax coated tampons?

IMO.:grin2:

IMO, this is on the same level, tacky, ugly, and just plain stupid, as Tom Cruise and Suri's first poop.

And before people get in a snit, I DID say IMO. I've got enough scented wax splatters on the counter where I pour. I sure don't need a dirt-collecting glob of it sitting in the shitter. I would be embarrassed to offer it for sale.

What's next? Scented wax coated tampons?

IMO.:grin2:

LMAO, don't you mince your words :laugh2:

Whilst I think they are quite novel, I'm not sure people in the UK, would see the funny side.

I am thinking of wax dipped teddies though, as a baby gift. We don't 'do' baby showers over here, but think they may work.

Just need to figure out what bears to use and how to do it. Another thing on my ever growing list of to-do's.