gel tarts

Daisybelle

does this sound like it Fern?

Description:

Can't decide between paraffin and soy? Get the best of both worlds with IGI's 6006. This paraffin/soy blend offers the fragrance throw and easy burning of paraffin, with the appealing look and usability of soy. This blend can hold 1 2/3 oz of fragrance per pound (10%), and requires no additional additives - just add color and fragrance.

You are such and angel for helping me out Fern! I really appreciate it:)

oops or this one lol

Description:

This paraffin/soy blend gives pillars and votives a truly unique look. The 6028 offers the fragrance throw and burn characteristics of paraffin, with the look and usability of soy. This blend can be used as a one pour votive wax (when poured at 155 F), and holds 1 oz. of fragrance per pound (6%).

ok i have been doing some reading all over the forum and am confused about wax...i am only going to make tarts..what is the best wax for tarts...it does not matter if they look pretty in the beginning but i don't want them too soft...i also don't want to have trouble getting them out of the molds

For just tarts, you can use that wax. You can use almost anything for just tarts. Don't be put off by 'container' wax.

I use container waxes for tarts and tea lights. It's just a matter of convenience and have never had a problem.

A lot of ppl prefer that type of wax, a pillar blend, because it's firmer. It's a good wax.

Give it a whirl, you'll be fine.

Are you sure these were Gel wax tarts? I would think Gel wax would be yucky to get out of a warmer. And isn't the melt point different than soy or paraffin? Maybe it was that new stuff that looks like gel but it turns to powder when used? And can all FO's be used with Gel?

I can see where gel wax would make a good tart for easy clean up you would want MP or HP when gel is solid it will just peel up. That is how I get it out of my pots I just reheat the pot hot enough for the gel to settle back to the bottom let cool and just peel it out.

The gel in my opinion is cost prohibitive. I would have to charge twice as much compared to my other tarts. You would have to single package them because gel sticks to itself. It will also stick to about any package you tried to put it in and your costumer would have a hard time getting them out. Also gel if left to sit will collapse especially under pressure so staking them for storage would be out. Most of us do this out our homes so space is limited storage could end up a real problem.

oh really sorry.

When I read the opening post, I thought you meant gel tarts, as in the pastry looking pie type.

Thats what we call a tart in the UK lol.

You mean the melts that go in a burner?

aah, I'd never make those out of gel.

soz, got the wrong end of the stick ;)

And can all FO's be used with Gel?

No. Gel is it's own creature and only FOs tested for gel should be used, and sometimes those are not good either. Gel will cloud very easily, and because of the temps involved, it is volitile - especially with the wrong FO!