A word of caution about Gelluminations Inc

I personally, still don't like the fact that something weird was going on with the whole shipping zip code thing. If it is a policy to take out of USA orders over the phone, stick to the policies in place. They are there for a reason. I know it's a hassle to call in orders but sometimes better safe than sorry (or out of money or goods).

But for those who are turned off to Gelluminations now (especially those in the USA), I would like you to reconsider. How would you like it if it were your business being accused of certain things regardless of whether they are true or not. You would be defensive and probably say things you didn't really mean.

I am in no way affiliated with Gelluminations, I'm just a fair human being who likes to give people a second chance. Everyone makes mistakes. I think everyone involved (not the posters but those actually involved) have learned a thing or two from the experience.

Just my $.02 for what it's worth. I also think those who say they won't order from them now, probably weren't going to in the first place. But I could be wrong. I'm only human.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly you make some great points, but IMO - with their response, that was borderline nasty, as opposed to "Oops, didn't mean to say that".

Could be, but I'm not involved in the situation so it's hard to say and this is the internet so unfortunately we don't get to hear tone. I know I have been pretty upset before and said totally off the wall things that make no sense. Of course, that's my personal life and not my business and I'm not trying to make excuses, it's more of a 'we can't fully understand either side of the situation' kind of thing.

Oh well, I wish the best of luck to both parties! You can't please everyone and you can kill yourself trying.

I completely understand where this customer is coming from. It is highly frustrating to sit infront of a computer AFTER you have paid for items and wait and wait...and get no response. I do feel that sometimes we have to share our experiences. If I would have looked on this site earlier I would not have experienced this same thing with another supplier. (I vented in the forum tonight about my own personal experience in "Is this bad business")

Without people like Vicky and the other wonderful women that emailed me, I would be crying in a pool of tears right now not knowing how to resolve a situration where my money was taken and I was being ignored.

You feel helpless and stupid..and taken advantage of.

So I think we should be able to talk freely in this forum. I also give great props to Gelglow for posting their side. Most companies(Like the one I just dealt with) dont care what their customers think. Gelglow obviously cared enough about what others thought to at least respond. I dont know the situation...I dont know who is right...but I do konw that I come to this site for advice..and we should give advice on bad transactions and help eachother out.

Thats what I love the most about you gals!

The original poster, and the poor lady who lost some of her money, had my vote and best of luck at page three of this thread!!!!!:highfive:

I have ordered from them, but will not again after their last post about "legal slander".:rolleyes2

Poor businesses like this are always rudely defensive.:rolleyes2

Hello. I am fairly new to this board but not new to candle making. I have been buying from Gelluminations for about 3 years or so and I have never had a problem with them. Infact, 2 years ago just before Christmas time I submitted an order to them specifically for a customer who wanted to buy some supplies for last minute Christmas Candle making. Now we all know how busy this season is for us candle makers and everyone trying to get what they need to make their candles for customers. Well, I submitted the order online and paid, and was given a tracking number for FedEx. Needless to say I wasn't home when FedEx tried to deliver the packages so they left a tag on my door. Ok...I thought I will call them like the card said to have them redeliver. They said it would be to me the next day. 2 days later still NOOOOOO supplies. So I called them and they said it went back to the supplier----who was Gelluminations. I was FURIOUS!!!! I called FedEx to find out what the heck was going on and they said "There was a break down in communication and my packages were sent back to the supplier." I said to them, "Break down in communication???? There's about to be a breakdown in your company!!!! I immediately called Gellunimations and told them the story and they immediately resent my products to me next day UPS without even receiving the product back that they origionally sent to me. I even asked them not to ever send anything to me FedEx and they don't anymore...just UPS.

I'm sure Gelluminations will do what they can to resolve it.

this must be an issue with international orders. A customer of mine is having major issues with this company - she ordered FO over 6 weeks ago and none of it arrived so she had to buy it from me to tide her over while she waits for her oils - if it turns up.

It takes 15 days at most for airmail to the UK. Not 6 weeks. Even by surface it usually gets here before 6 weeks. And her emails are left unanswered.

• 1 year later...

Gelluminations is the worst business that I have come across. I have had so many problems with Gelluminations. The worst of it is that when you have a problem and e-mail them about it they NEVER respond. I have never gotten an email from them. I purchsased the body mist spray base from the religiously and then they started sending me bottles of yellow tinted spray. My customers would ask for their pink sugar fragranced spray to be pink but you can't do anything but the yellow it comes in. No response from them and I had like 6 bottles of this that I couldnt use. The frgrance oils are probably great for candles and they are ok for soaps but you cannot make perfume with them at all. They won't mix with SDA40-B perfumer's blend no matter how much polysorbate you use. :sad2:

Honestly, it can sometimes be very difficult to order from the States..but I do have to say there is more of a variety and sometimes it is not so bad, Especially when you have a supplier willing to go that extra mile to help cut down on shipping or a friend who will. I have made many friends here over the years and have some that will order and then ship to me. I can't say anything about gelluminations as I have never ordered from them and don't know that I will.

But if you are ever curious about "Canadian Friendly" suppliers...feel free to pm me!

This is another reason why I decided to host a co-op. But in my opinion I don't think Cara did anything wrong by posting this.....

All I have to say is DUTY SUCKS!!!lol

I have a problem with this response :

"Also there was a comment about us telling her to put a false zip code in to save shipping, This is not what we said. For people outside of the USA we tell them that if they wish to order online instead of over the phone that they will have to put a USA zip code in the Zip code box in order to get the order to go through"

In one sentence they say that was not what was said and in the next breath they say that they do in fact tell them to put a false zip in in order to get the order through. :confused:

All that aside, did you really think you were getting over 50 pounds of product delivered to Canada for $5.45? It looks like between the 2 orders, the weight is close to 100 pounds. For $14.56? I pay 6 times that to have that weight shipped within the US! Roughly doing the math in my head, the difference in what it actually cost them to ship would likely leave you with no money owed. I imagine that this could easily be resolved with Gelluminations showing the complaintant what the actual shipping cost was.

I know this post is old.... here is my 2 cents..........

They owe me over $200. They blocked my email and will not return my phone calls. They blocked me on their Twitter account. They refuse to pay me.

Needless to say, they are no longer on my supplier list.

I have nothing good to say about them so I won't say anything.

That is all.

• 1 month later...

Just to respond to posting supplier experiences on public forums, yes it is the right thing to do if you cannot resolve the issue with the supplier directly.

It's like being attacked by a shark, and having the people back on the beach tell me they knew of shark attacks in the area, but since I didn't ask they didn't bother to mention it. Thanks a lot... :angry2:

Also, has anyone heard of Angie's List. It is a website specifically meant for people to share their service related experiences for home projects. When I need a roof repair, I want to know who gets the A's, and who gets the F's. They have been in business for many many years, and I have yet to hear of anyone being sued for slander. That comment (threat) was just way out of line.

• 3 weeks later...

Have been ordering from Gelluminations for about 5 years.

My last 3 orders (gel, fragrance in different sizes) took 6-9 days to ship, whereas they had shipped orders in 1-2 days previously.

Maybe it's because I've been placing bigger, more complicated orders, but it's really uncalled for. Bad customer service that could be improved by either:

-Shipping each box as they get them filled, versus waiting for the entire order to be assembled

-Noticing that I am a frequent customer, and will gladly wait for back-ordered items to ship with my next order so they don't have to pay additional shipping for say 1 bottle of vanilla bean oil

-Calling/emailing me and explaining what is going on

Lesson learned: don't order from gelluminations if you are in a hurry, or else place separate orders for your gel/wax and anything else you need.

I recently ordered 8# of FOs from them during a sale. I received them 1.5 weeks later without incident, angst, or agony.

EXCEPT - I realized after I posted this that one FO was backordered.

I've written 2 emails but still don't have it, nor have I gotten a response. I'm getting quite angry.