A word of caution about Gelluminations Inc

A fellow Canadian pal of mine sent me the email below today about her dealings with Gelluminations Inc, I hope this doesnt break any forum rules, I Just hope this doesnt happen to anyone else!

Here is her email to me in quotes

"I wanted to pass on this file number to you. I ordered 6 boxes of wax from this company with the promise of cheaper shipping thru USPS, they DID NOT send the wax nor will they refund my money. They claimed I falsely put in a zip code to get cheap postage when it was them who told me to do so just to get the order thru, they said that shipping wouldn't be much more to Canada thru the PO. That they would send the adjusted shipping invoice. I never received an invoice or a phone call with the amounts.

Anyway 500 USD later I still have no wax, or money. I waited too long to make the claim thru AMEX. They kept putting me off saying they were looking for the postage, then they said they resent it etc etc.

Warn anyone on this side of the border to avoid this company at all costs.

The BBB tried to resolve it, but they kept making excuses that they were looking for the postage receipts. That's since last December!!! Some filing system eh?"

SHe filed with the BBB and their reply was the following:

"Business Name: Gelluminations Inc

We have received your most recent correspondence in the above-mentioned complaint case.

You have indicated that you are NOT satisfied with the business' response in the matter.

The business has not made any further concessions to their original response.

Unfortunately, the BBB can not pursue the matter further. This complaint case is now considered closed UNRESOLVED.

The Better Business Bureau develops and maintains Reliability Reports on companies in our service area. This information is available to the public and is frequently used by potential customers. The company's level of cooperation in resolving to this complaint becomes a part of their file with the Better Business Bureau."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the rest of the story... When the order was placed as our website clearly states orders to Canada have to be placed by telephone because our shipping calculator cannot calculate shipping to Canada. We sent an email stating that the shipping that the website had shown was not accurate ( I would love to be able to ship 5 cases or for that matter even 1 case to Canada for only $5.00). After emailing back and forth several times it was decided to just ship whatever amount of product we could including shipping for the amount of the paypal payment. As far as we knew this was a resolved matter until we received a complaint from BBB in which we responded to right away including all of the documantation including shipping costs and the amount of the paypal payment. The only reason this is unresolved with the BBB is because the customer did not like the answer. It had nothing to do with our filing or book keeping.

Just thought you should know the whole story.

Terry

Right. They should get their money back for whatever product they didn't receive. And whoever it was at Gelluminations told them they could get around the system for cheaper shipping should have a talkin' to! Set rules and policies and stick to them!

I guess I'll be Miss Unpopular, but I've got to express my opinion. caradelrae, this is all hearsay, third party information. You shouldn't be warning us for something that happened to someone else. I'm sure you trust your friend and believe her (that's not the issue); but this was not your experience. I also believe that you posted this to try to warn your cyber-friends not to deal with what you thought was an disreputable company; but once again this was not your experience.

I'm having an issue with a supplier right now, but I'm not going to post my company's issues with a supplier on a public message board. I'm working the issue with the supplier; and when asked my opinion about the supplier, I'll either state that I had a good experience with them, or a bad one.

JMVHO

I don't think that is 'unpopular' at all. I think you made a good point. All except, I think it's fine for people to post thier personal experiences with a supplier if they are unable to reach the supplier (not answering emails or phones). In fact awhile back I had to do just that, the supplier wasn't getting my emails and when I posted here kind of in a "what the heck" manner, they contacted me through the boards to resolve the issue. So it can be a positive experience to share more details about the good and bad experiences we have, but you are right, they should be the experiences WE have not our friends.

But I stand by my first post if what the poster said is actually true. It's only fair not to keep someone's money if product isn't sent. But that may or may not pertain to this thread! LOL.

This is not caradelrae posting about her experience this is her posting hear say. Her friend told her, who is this friend how do we know she is a reliable source?

I personally have ordered from that company several times and have never had a single problem.

A person should only come to a board as a last resort when having a bad experience with a supplier. It also should only be their experience not a friend's, not a cousin's, not their mom's.

And as Vicky knows from having to close a thread I started over MY exsperience with a supplier.

My opinion is, we wouldn't even know eachother here,.. if we all weren't in this hobby or business together, and I feel that anything of a warning about another supplier should be shared. I spend to much freakin money EVERY month to suppliers and I am cautious over every supplier that I am new to dealing with. I'm not saying I wouldn't EVER order from this supplier again on this 1 warning, but I do appreciate knowing of these sorts of things.

How is this any different then the "hear say" you read in the newspaper about companies?:confused:

I appreciate the web, newspapers....etc.

The first clue that this was not going to go right was by a company telling you to put in a wrong zipcode for cheaper shipping. OMG that is a huge red flag right there and if the company is dishonest enough to suggest that what on earth do you think is going to happen to your order and your money?

Now I am not saying this particular company is dishonest, I am saying that if ANY company suggests something as blatant as shipping fraud then you can bet there will be issues with your order.

Also not to put your friend down but if it were my friend I would have let her known, well what do you expect if you were going to be dishonest with your shipping address - never do business with someone who will deceive anything in any way. I know shipping is a HUGE deal right now with gas prices and what not but to be deceitful for a shipping break is pretty much stealing on both ends.

Angi

The Soap Box

Maybe I understood this differently then some of you...

"I wanted to pass on this file number to you. I ordered 6 boxes of wax from this company with the promise of cheaper shipping thru USPS, they DID NOT send the wax nor will they refund my money. They claimed I falsely put in a zip code to get cheap postage when it was them who told me to do so just to get the order thru, they said that shipping wouldn't be much more to Canada thru the PO. That they would send the adjusted shipping invoice. I never received an invoice or a phone call with the amounts.

I know of a few suppliers that their shopping carts dont allow for shipping discounts...alot of the shipping is set by the owner of the sites. I understood this as the company telling them that the shipping should be different then what their cart shows, and in this case an invoice is usually sent for the difference, if any. I've exsperienced this, and thankfully never had a problem.

Glad you posted this ...even if I am just one person who appreciates knowing of such business.;)

Maybe I understood this differently then some of you...

I know of a few suppliers that their shopping carts dont allow for shipping discounts...alot of the shipping is set by the owner of the sites. I understood this as the company telling them that the shipping should be different then what their cart shows, and in this case an invoice is usually sent for the difference, if any. I've exsperienced this, and thankfully never had a problem.

Glad you posted this ...even if I am just one person who appreciates knowing of such business.;)

This is why I have a problem with second hand accounting I have questions or clarification that I would like answered and second hand accounts doesn't give you that option. If the original poster tries to answer her answers will still be third party.

I agree I want to know when a supplier is not treating someone right it will depend on the person making the complaint how much creditability I will give to the complaint. I want to know something about them even if it just from their posts on this board.

Don't get me started on newspapers what is that old saying never believe anything you hear, only half of what you read and"can't rember the next line" something about seeing

I don't know what exactly went on..that's between the supplier and the customer.

I just wanted to state that I hate to see Gelluminations being dragged through the mud! They are a GREAT company..AWESOME customer service! I have never had a problem with them. I have been ordering supplies from them..geez..since I started making gel candles.

Terry & Lisa - Keep up the great work! And I love the sales you guys have! :yay:

I just ordered from them myself and they were very helpful through email often responding to my question after hours and on the weekends, but IMHO for those of us who order from the USA we can't really compare our experience to this specific situation. I don't doubt that shipping to Canada can be a little expensive and a hassle.

This is why I have a problem with second hand accounting I have questions or clarification that I would like answered and second hand accounts doesn't give you that option. If the original poster tries to answer her answers will still be third party.

I agree I want to know when a supplier is not treating someone right it will depend on the person making the complaint how much creditability I will give to the complaint. I want to know something about them even if it just from their posts on this board.

Don't get me started on newspapers what is that old saying never believe anything you hear, only half of what you read and"can't rember the next line" something about seeing

I've heard it as..."Believe nothing of what you hear and only 1/2 of what you see.

So does this mean NOT to listen to any consumer complaints cause its "hear-say"? What is the BBB for..isn't all they do is HEAR of the complaints.?

Anyways, what do ya expect this is a "hear-say" type world. And isn't that what we are doing here? To read (hear) of not always the good in business itself. I bet alot of people speak untruthful things about me and my business, just a "worldly" thing. But I'd definately never take anyones money and run (if it is so).

I want to post my "Own" personal experience with Gelluminations.

I only order my gel from them since they are down the street (I'm Nebraska and they are Iowa). I will order 2 cases of HP and 1-2 cases of MP depending on what is needed in stock. Well, they were short 1 case of HP. Lisa sent me an email as well as left me a voicemail asking if I wanted a refund or wait for them to receive the gel in. I opted to wait as I needs my gel (rofl). She told me they would expect it in on a Tuesday, well they shipped on Tuesday and I received it the next day.

Bottom line is whenever there has been a question about my order - they contact me and ask me about before shipping and/or completing it. I'm not saying someone can't have a one-off situation but I have ordered from there on many occasions and have never ever had a problem so for someone to say they handled business in a not so professional manner is concerning (not about the supplier but the source of the story).

Just my 2 cents

My personal experience is this: I ordered their HCPD 2 Wax which was supposed to be just the best embed wax ever as I had read and it took 4 weeks to receive a box from time of purchase...I am sorry but that is way too long to wait on an order. They should have emailed me or called if it was out of stock or what. And to top it off, I can't stand the wax....anyway that was my one and only order with them.

I always appreciate hearing other people's accounts of dealings with companies. It makes you be a little more careful when ordering.

I agree. And shipping to Canada is always a pita and expensive, no matter which way you look at it!

Gelglow, so does this person have their wax now? Why do they state they still have no wax and no money back? They state they are out 500.00.

I am wondering this too? Why was this customer out money and product and why cant Gelglow respond with how the issue is being resolved????

Gelluminations Inc., is affiliated with Brighter Scents as I have dealt with BS in the past. I can speak as a 1st party :D and I was also told to put in a US Zip Code through their website when I ordered. I did receive my goods but I chased them for 4-5 weeks via email trying to acquire an invoice for my products. They basically cut me off after I received the goods and wouldn't respond to any of my emails in regard to the invoice ever again. Never did receive my invoice for tax purposes. That form of customer service left a bad taste in my mouth. :undecided

We have been sitting back watching everyones comments, patiently letting everyone voice their opinion, but we have reached a point that we need to set some things straight. First of all the original thread started about a customer in Canada, and as we posted back we had shipped a portion of her order that the payment covered. She did not pay enough shipping to ship the whole order, so we shipped what we could and refunded the balance to her VIA Paypal. In the original thread it was also stated that this was 500 dollar order, it was not. Also there was a comment about us telling her to put a false zip code in to save shipping, This is not what we said. For people outside of the USA we tell them that if they wish to order online instead of over the phone that they will have to put a USA zip code in the Zip code box in order to get the order to go through BUT the shipping will not be correct and to contact us for the correct shipping. This should be enough of an explanation for everyone, she received the product that she paid for.

Next I see comments that customers have had problems contacting us to get invoices ect... We answer our phone Monday through Friday 9am-4pm. You can always get through on the phone and the phone number is posted on the website. Email is great but you should all know that it is not reliable, due to filters, some email wording dumps the email into a spam folder, or just because sometimes when you get hundreds of emails daily some just get missed, so I would suggest if you have a problem you just call us or for that matter any company that you have a problem with rather than airing it on a public forum.

In the matter of posting on a public forum, a word of caution, posting anything on a public forum telling people not to do business with a company and stating false information is legal slander.

The last thing that I want to say is Thank you to all of you who defended us and posted their good experience with us. In 8 years we have only had 2 contacts with the BBB and we have a satisfactory rating.