diyestores very unprofessional

tammyc

I think we're OK. Went to the DIY Community & everyone thinks we're fine. I hate rumors & I really believe Shelly would let us know if they were having problems. Carole

I agree, rumors suck. I don't think they would be working so hard in adding all the new features just to shut the site down. I was glad to see your post asking if it was true and very relieved to see the answer is "no". :smiley2:

The only problem I had with DIY was paying $20 a month for services that I get at Wahmshoppes for $7 a month. Plus all the extras I get at wahmshoppes like affiliate mini-sites was extra money a month at DIY. I also found that the Feature Cart that DIY uses was actually created by the owner of Wahmshoppes (Tony). So I switched over and use wahmshoppes for both my sites.

I did get an email about my cancellation letting me know that DIY had more employees to handle any problems I had with the website whereas Tony at Wahmshoppes runs things alone and that communication time can be very lengthy. I politely answered that $7 vs $20 and I get more for my $7 a month and I will gladly take the lengthy communication time :)

Angi

The Soap Box

tammyc,

I am sorry but as of yesterday I have NOT received any check from this company. So perhaps you need to contact them and find out what is going on.

And sorry, I do not hand out my SS # to just anyone, especially someone I don't know.

I have not stopped communication with you. I received an email from you this past Sat. and I have replied to it. I do not work the weekends so it usually takes me a couple days to reply to email received over the weekend.

And to anyone else that has made comments about my company. I will assure you that I am a legitimate business. I file a tax return every year and I pay the good ol IRS a large chunk every year. I am not trying to hide from the IRS. I do not need a EIN because I do not have employees that I pay taxes on. Everyone that works for me is a indepentant contractor and receives a 1099 at the end of each year. I use my SS # and file as a sole proprietor. I have a business checking account and a DBA. So I am as legal as it gets and I pay my fair share to the IRS every year.

I will assure you that I am NOT going out of business! I have been doing this for 5 years now and plan on doing it for MANY MANY MANY more years to come. I have almost 1000 clients. This is not just a side business for me. This is a major company for me, this is my life. Signups are closed, which just means we aren't taking on any new clients. I am in the middle of doing upgrades and want to devote my time to that. So again DIYeStores.com is NOT going out of business!

:)

Thank you.

Actually, looking from the site of DIY - what is offered is the same exact things that are offered via wahmshoppes as well. I Am addressing this since my name was called out in a post. The only difference out front is the templates. Though templates are offered via Mode 1 on wahmshoppes.

Some of the things offered that wahmshoppes doesn't offer is the craft booth, shoppe at the pattern patch, the license thingy and a few extra payment sites (I believe wahmshoppes is only PayPal and Mals E).

Those aren't what I was talking about. I was talking about what was listed as the main features that are also main features wahmshoppes. That is where I was comparing the cost when I decided to switch to wahmshoppes and the main one being the affiliate mini-sites. Same main features with a definite difference in price.

However, you do offer the templates for Mode 4 that I wish Tony would offer as well :) so that is a definite perk in your area :)

Angi

The Soap Box

Boy these threads take on a life of their own. Can't you people just go to the source instead of talking down a company which you have no knowledge of. What a waste of space. This should have been nipped in the bud before now.

And no, I don't use DIY, but thank you Shelly for being so professional about it. Especially when there wasn't a need to explain yourself to people who have no idea what they are talking about.

It seems to me that when someone doesn't get what they want when they want it they blame the supplier or the business. It's never their fault for not following directions or not reading what is posted on the web site. So to get back they post something like this.

Yes, I use DIY estores. Even when I have not read or followed the directions and asked a question I have always received a prompt reply or follow up. There are times I have been a royal pain in the arse, but I always get a nice reply to my question or my complaint. I have a complaint right now and it's not getting addressed the way I want it to...but that doesn't mean that DIY is unprofessional...it just means I'm not getting my way.

I would recommend DIY to anyone, and have many times. That won't change.

IMO, take it or leave it, lol, nobody should EVER, EVER post to a thread about a business unless they have had personal experience with that business. They shouldn't guess, they shouldn't spread rumors, they just plain shouldn't post.

And those who do post about the multitudes of questions about web site hosts here should keep their mouths shut if they can't provide the url to their own site. How many times have we seen, "I use so and so," but there's nothing to look at? When someone has a question about a particular host, nobody cares who YOU use unless that's the jist of the question.

By the way, I use DIY. And love it! My correspondence with DIY, whether on their forum or via trouble ticket, has always been answered promptly. Thank you, Shelly.

www.StuffSunshineLikes.com

Shelly,

Thank you for your response. I would like to set the record straight. I never questioned whether you pay taxes or not. To tell the truth, I really don't care. Also I do not blame you for not giving out your ss#. I would not give out mine either. That is why I have an EIN. I could not get a checking account for my business without one. I guess all banks and all states are different.

What I had a problem with, is the fact that I have been sending you emails since April 10th and have not received a response from you until today. You stated that you do not work on weekends, that is why you did not answer the email I sent you last weekend until today. I have 5 emails addressed to you in my sent folder dated between April 10th and June 4th. All went unanswered until I posted to this board about how upset I was with the situation.

I have more to discuss with you; however, now that I have your attention I prefer to do it in a less public manner.

Again, thank you for your response.

Tammy

I have problems getting responses. Emails don't get answered. Also my site seems to be unavailable quite often, yesterday around 4PM was the latest time.

For some reason my reply to you was deleted? Hmm wonder why?

Anyhow, as mentioned in my last reply in case you didn't see it. You are not a DIY client, you are an EZShoppe client. Two totally different systems, two totally different servers and different client support. Please make sure you are using the correct support email address listed on the website for support.

Now hopefully this post won't get deleted.

Thank you!