New to this all and need help :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your swirled sounds like a take off of the tie dyed. There are several pictures in the old gallery. Add drops of liquid dye and then use a heat gun to disperse the color. Didn't see a heat gun on the list of equip. you had purchased. You will find them in the paint dept. of WalMart. Used to strip paint.

Here is a link to pictures in the old gallery. The 2nd picture might be what you are talking about.

http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=gallery;action=display;num=1102871196;start=0#0

I am interested in making candles because one I love candles over the last year spent close to 300 buying them and figured since I buy only hand made that it has to be cheaper to make them myself.

I think that I spend more than 300 a month on candle and B&B supplies. Good luck with your candles. You have came to the right place to become a real chandler.

Oh, you're talking more along the marble line. Not sure how you would control the marble though. Seems like if you gave it a swirl after it's in the mold, it might not show on the surface much. You said you did one? I'd love to see a pic of what you're talking about :)