Fish soap in a clamshell

maryann

Oh here's the 64 million dollar question. Is the fish soap? or plastic? or glass? I have glass fishes that I use for gel candles could you use those?

Ah and that is absolutely beautiful

The fish are plastic, I don't know if the glass would be safe to use?? I have some glass embeds that have broken in my hands and were razor sharp (not the best quality embeds but that's a whole other story:tiptoe: ). WSP carries the fish, maybe you could check party supply stores as they may carry them. Do you have Dollar Tree's? I see they are carrying sea creatures they had last year (that I used as soap embeds) in their summer/pool section. HTH :)

• 8 months later...
Took a stab at the fish soap in a clamshell. These are definately much EASIER to make than the fish in a bag. I just chose the wrong FO-Baby Powder, it had a yellow color to it so it changed the "water's" color a bit. I used kelp granules for the "sand".

THANKS Alajane for the SUPER CUTE IDEA!! :highfive:

[ATTACH]1812[/ATTACH]

:wink2:

I can't see the attachment without quoting, so ignore this post. :D

:whistle: I'll ignore!

:lipsrseal Psst Terrie I saw your post about a tutorial this method is so much easier than the bag of fish soap. I've since since improved these as the kelp STINKS! I now use WSP's oatmeal soap for the sand effect and I don't use FO anymore unless requested as it turns the soap to pond water or the "water" becomes cloudy.

You melt the base you'd like for the sand (I use WSP's oatmeal base), let it set up a bit spray with rubbing alcohol and add the clear M&P base a little less than 1/2 way up the mold. Let it set up, spray with rubbing alcohol, place the fish onto of the layer (pressing the fish down lightly) for a few minutes to allow the fish to "grab" hold of first layer of clear that was poured. Spray again very lightly w/ r.a. and add the 2nd layer of clear M&P.

So glad those worked out for you--and, as I stated in my original post, I got the idea from someone else on this board, but I sure can't remember who!!

I love the army men idea--so many people have family stationed in "sandy" areas that I definitely want to try that!

Jane

:whistle: I'll ignore!

:lipsrseal Psst Terrie I saw your post about a tutorial this method is so much easier than the bag of fish soap. I've since since improved these as the kelp STINKS! I now use WSP's oatmeal soap for the sand effect and I don't use FO anymore unless requested as it turns the soap to pond water or the "water" becomes cloudy.

You melt the base you'd like for the sand (I use WSP's oatmeal base), let it set up a bit spray with rubbing alcohol and add the clear M&P base a little less than 1/2 way up the mold. Let it set up, spray with rubbing alcohol, place the fish onto of the layer (pressing the fish down lightly) for a few minutes to allow the fish to "grab" hold of first layer of clear that was poured. Spray again very lightly w/ r.a. and add the 2nd layer of clear M&P.

Thanks Maryann! Can't wait to try these. :grin2: