Bath Truffles

CBE

My first attempt at Bunny's Bath Melts were horrible. They LOOKED horrible. LOL I don't know what I was doing wrong. They looked lumpy, and gritty... and just horrible, not at all like some of the pictures I've seen of the Bath Melts, which looked awesome. So, I decided to roll those babies up... then roll them in citric acid.... now they look like sugar coated bon-bons!! LOL I call them "Bath Truffles". The pink is scented in Pink Sugar... and the white is scented in Butt Naked.

bathtrufflesall.jpg

I don't know if you can see my label... so here's a close up of it...

bathtrufflespinklabel.jpg

EXCELLENT idea - I LUV when people think outta the box :highfive: .

They look absolutely delish :drool: better put a warning on them so people don't eat'em :wink2: !!

I know...lol... I did put a warning on the back label.... NOT EDIBLE... DO NOT EAT!! rotf lmao... The pink sugar ones DO smell good enough to eat...lol

I added pink clay to the pink sugar truffle. After adding a small amount to the dry mixture... I took a whisk and stirred it... it makes the dry mixture almost "sifted".... and it incorporates everything really really well!! I think my next bath truffle... will be Coco-Mocha... and I will try a small amount of Cocoa for just a tad bit of color. I hope I don't have turds floating all over...lol I wonder if you mix the cocoa in a small amount of the melted butters first... if it mixes better this way... I can't wait to try... I think I will tonight!! LOL

How did you roll those? The..."batter" must have been quite cool. Mine is always so runny when I first pour them. I think they look beautiful! And I LOVE your tags! I really need to get my booty in gear and try those (if only my printer hadn't died). Great job!

Christina

I had poured them in a mini-muffin silicone mold pan, then put them in the freezer like the recipe said. Well, after taking out the freezer, I waited a few minutes then popped them out the mold. They sat for two days on a tray. I eyed those puppies for those two days... thinking... "they're ugly"... "they look horrible". "I would'nt buy these things!!". So, I took each melt, and just proceded to squish in a ball... it felt good :laugh2: smashing and squishing those things... cause I was mad as hell :mad: that it didn't come out like I wanted it to. LOL After squishing to my hearts content... hehehehe... it started to feel like cookie dough in my hands. So I started to roll them. Then the idea struck me. They looked kinda plain... so I decided to put some citric acid in a little plate... and roll them in there... and then I thought.... "It looks like it's rolled in sugar!!" I even added a small amount of powdered dye to the citric acid to roll the Butt Naked scented ones. I'm like.... YAY :yay: I was able to save them!! I had to stop my son... because he thought it was candy!!! "Can I have one?"... he asked. LOL

When I do my next batch... I will still put them in the mini-muffin molds to freeze them... cause I think that's why they look so uniform... they are basically all the same size... and all had the same amount in the molds.

Just a note though... if you decide to use powdered dye.... (I had used Purple Raspberry)... a little goes a LOOOOONG WAY. The first time... I added a tad too much... and needless to say... I did mix it in the citric acid with my hands and fingers... and now.... I've had purple hands for two days!!!!! LOL