2#'s of cp is way differerent than 2#'s cphp

TexasBrat

I just made a 2# batch of cp and poured into my 9bar Kelsei mold and it only filled it up to about half way and when I make cphp it fills to the brim with plenty extra for soap balls. Why the difference? I only added 2oz's less of water but surely that can't make that much of a difference?

2 lbs. of oils should yield the same amount of soap with either process. The water amount would have an effect, but only slight. I'm baffled here.

That is what I thought too.

Once it is un-molded I'll put it side by side with a bar of cphp.

2 lbs. of oils should yield the same amount of soap with either process.
By same amount, you're referring to weight or volume? Because I expect the end result will weigh the same as her HP'd soap but the latter might have a larger volume if the mixture were less dense e.g. if there were more air bubbles in it.

By same amount, you're referring to weight or volume? Because I expect the end result will weigh the same as her HP'd soap but the latter might have a larger volume if the mixture were less dense e.g. if there were more air bubbles in it.

Weight. After cure, they should be equal.